Title: Cormier suspended for the balance of the QMJHL season and the playoffs
Category: Sports
Posted By: WDHIII
Date: 2010-01-25 08:32:30
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:19 am

Good. He deserves it. And skip Sportsnet�s �analysis� with Kypreos� fucktard apologist stance. Why on earth does this mouthbreathing, thanks Messier for my Stanley Cup, thug get any airtime? He�s a joke and a moron and he�s missed the boat on the Cormier issue. At least Doug McClean has a clue. And a brain.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:23 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:
Good. He deserves it. And skip Sportsnet�s �analysis� with Kypreos� fucktard apologist stance. Why on earth does this mouthbreathing, thanks Messier for my Stanley Cup, thug get any airtime? He�s a joke and a moron and he�s missed the boat on the Cormier issue. At least Doug McClean has a clue. And a brain.

Where's Ryan Vandenbussche when you need him?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:33 am

season plus playoffs is not bad overall, would still like to see
suspensions matching injury time;

there is discussion as to whether Tam will ever even play again,
and that should not be discounted if we want to stop this kind of nonsense.

Hopefully the AHL won't do anything stupid....

Detroit Red Wings

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:37 am

Mustang1 Mustang1:

Stick to TSN, or The Score. The lights are on, but nobody is home for Kypreos and most of Sportsnet for that matter.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:15 am

mikewood86 mikewood86:
Mustang1 Mustang1:

Stick to TSN, or The Score. The lights are on, but nobody is home for Kypreos and most of Sportsnet for that matter.

True. Although I don't mind McClean or Millard or Brophy heck, even Bill Watters, but, you're right Kypreos is a complete failure and i can't figure out why he's trotted out as an analyst.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:16 am

Lemmy Lemmy:
Mustang1 Mustang1:

Where's Ryan Vandenbussche when you need him?

Well according to Kypreos' dumbass logic, he'd deserve an appeal and right to "be heard". What an asshat.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:29 pm

Not to defend an idiot like Kypreos but the unfortunate fact is that his opinion is probably shared by an unfortunately large percentage of hockey fans. Anything goes on the ice, up to and including almost killing someone. Anyone who complains or any vicitm of the on-ice barbarity is just another pussywimp that should get out of the game if they can't compete with the so-called "tough" guys. Didn't Cormier did something almost identical to some hapless Swedish kid during the recent Juniors? I didn't hear too much complaining about that particular incident. In fact all I heard was the typical silly "our boys, our heroes" nonsense from other people who keep turning a blind eye to this stuff as long as it suits the situation they prefer, i.e. it's horrible if our opponent does it to us but it's A-OK if one of our "heroes" does it to them.

And worse is probably still to come. With hockey it's inevitable that sooner or later, in one of the leagues, someone's going to step up and make the Cormier hit look gentle by comparison. One if the current sayings is that "someone's going to have to die on the ice" before hockey smartens up and changes things, i.e. bans all the goonery altogether. This thing for me is that, even when someone does end up dying on the ice, I have no trust at all in the hockey establishment to do anything at all when it happens. We know what happens in fights and from cheap head shots and hits from behind. Yet they still happen. We know that career-ending concussions would be cut by about 75% if they banned the hard plastic shoulder and elbow pad armour. But the body armour is still being allowed for use in games and practices. All this stuff is out in the open, is easy to eliminate with a few very minor rule changes, but still nothing gets done.

Why? Because too many troglodytes and neanderthals in charge of hockey and in the hockey media and in the stands want the game to remain in the Slapshot/BroadStreetBullies stereotype it's been stuck in since the 1970's. They're making too much money off of a brutal image and they successfully appeal to too many people, both players and fans, who get off on the genuinely psychotic nature of the game. Give it a few weeks or months and the Cormier hit will seem like a walk in the park to what happens next, and again after that, and after that, and after than, ad nauseum. It's just like the people who benefit the most when a war breaks out. It's survival of the fittest on a playing field that's been skewed to favour the most brutal and indecent, and in reality nothing will ever be done to fundamentally change or eliminate this sort of demented thinking.

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:36 pm

Good!!........ he'll get an early start on his golf game.

Detroit Red Wings

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:54 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Not to defend an idiot like Kypreos but the unfortunate fact is that his opinion is probably shared by an unfortunately large percentage of hockey fans. Anything goes on the ice, up to and including almost killing someone. Anyone who complains or any vicitm of the on-ice barbarity is just another pussywimp that should get out of the game if they can't compete with the so-called "tough" guys. Didn't Cormier did something almost identical to some hapless Swedish kid during the recent Juniors? I didn't hear too much complaining about that particular incident. In fact all I heard was the typical silly "our boys, our heroes" nonsense from other people who keep turning a blind eye to this stuff as long as it suits the situation they prefer, i.e. it's horrible if our opponent does it to us but it's A-OK if one of our "heroes" does it to them.

And worse is probably still to come. With hockey it's inevitable that sooner or later, in one of the leagues, someone's going to step up and make the Cormier hit look gentle by comparison. One if the current sayings is that "someone's going to have to die on the ice" before hockey smartens up and changes things, i.e. bans all the goonery altogether. This thing for me is that, even when someone does end up dying on the ice, I have no trust at all in the hockey establishment to do anything at all when it happens. We know what happens in fights and from cheap head shots and hits from behind. Yet they still happen. We know that career-ending concussions would be cut by about 75% if they banned the hard plastic shoulder and elbow pad armour. But the body armour is still being allowed for use in games and practices. All this stuff is out in the open, is easy to eliminate with a few very minor rule changes, but still nothing gets done.

Why? Because too many troglodytes and neanderthals in charge of hockey and in the hockey media and in the stands want the game to remain in the Slapshot/BroadStreetBullies stereotype it's been stuck in since the 1970's. They're making too much money off of a brutal image and they successfully appeal to too many people, both players and fans, who get off on the genuinely psychotic nature of the game. Give it a few weeks or months and the Cormier hit will seem like a walk in the park to what happens next, and again after that, and after that, and after than, ad nauseum. It's just like the people who benefit the most when a war breaks out. It's survival of the fittest on a playing field that's been skewed to favour the most brutal and indecent, and in reality nothing will ever be done to fundamentally change or eliminate this sort of demented thinking.

Personally, I like to think things are changing. Suspensions are being ramped up at least, although that doesn't address the root problems like the shoulder pads, or coaches telling 10 year olds to lay the body. Respect needs to be taught first. Also, it seems like the law is being brought into these situations more and more. It's a start at least.

From what I have been reading of comments on TSN, a lot of people are happy for this suspension, and nobody really thinks it should be any less than what he got. Influential people (ie. Bob Mackenzie) called the hit sickening on so many levels and that he has never been so discouraged about hockey. At least people are talking and that will get the ball rolling. It will take some time, and the NHL is talking about head shot rules now as well, look for more on it in March-April. They are being very thorough with the definition because they want to get it right for the players and refs.

As for the Swedish kid who got Cormier's elbow....same situation, just a different result. Thats another thing, don't penalize the result, penalize the action.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:55 pm

He totally deserved this and more.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:37 am

Anybody who thinks this prick wasn't head-hunting, is a fool. He intended to hurt the guy, bottom line. He had his sights on Tam before Tam crossed the blueline. Instead of hitting with his body, he lined him up for an elbow. Real chicken-shit move.