Login 
canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:12 am

The thing everybody is missing here is that the stimulus cash went to Municipalities, not ridings. That's Regional Municipalities, Regions, Cities, Towns etc. Not 'Ridings'.

This is what makes Mr 'I want to have US Army deserters in Canada' Kennedy's report so bogus. Case in point, 'Toronto'. A Tory desert that gets $200,000,000.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:13 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
$1:
Its just too bad that its your parties candidate saying this on video tape.

Yeah but they obviously don't remotely resemble reality.

How do you figure? He was talking about: Markham-Unionville.

Its also worthy to note that this was a constant complaint about the Liberals in that they said the same thing that only Liberal ridings got funding despite the same evidence showing otherwise.

Now if it were a Liberal saying it you might have a point but this is a conservative candidate saying it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 am

gigs gigs:

No problems because it's all BS, check RR's link , are you going to tell us that site is all fabricated?

1) The entire story is that a conservative candidate said it.

2) Like I'm going to believe a site that is nothing but Harpers propaganda. I'm sure you'd believe it if it were the Liberals.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:16 am

$1:
How do you figure? He was talking about: Markham-Unionville

Oh I see. So the entire scope of the controversy is completely isolated to that one riding? Ok thanks for clearing that up. It certainly explains why the headline (and the story...and the liberal report) seem to imply it's happening everywhere.

Wake me when the story has legs.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:17 am

$1:
Like I'm going to believe a site that is nothing but Harpers propaganda. I'm sure you'd believe it if it were the Liberals.

Yet you'll believe apparently any conservative that says something to your liking.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:17 am

As bad as this appears, political pork barrelling has been going on for decades.

It could become a scandal if some of the stimulus money gets funnelled back into the Conservative Party in the same way that happened in the 90s with the Sponsorship scandal. But at this point in time, there isn't any proof of that happening and given Harper's death grip on his party, I doubt a leak concerning this would occur even if it was.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:19 am

bootlegga bootlegga:
As bad as this appears, political pork barrelling has been going on for decades.

It could become a scandal if some of the stimulus money gets funnelled back into the Conservative Party in the same way that happened in the 90s with the Sponsorship scandal. But at this point in time, there isn't any proof of that happening and given Harper's death grip on his party, I doubt a leak concerning this would occur even if it was.

+1 for a little honesty.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:20 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
gigs gigs:

No problems because it's all BS, check RR's link , are you going to tell us that site is all fabricated?

1) The entire story is that a conservative candidate said it.

2) Like I'm going to believe a site that is nothing but Harpers propaganda. I'm sure you'd believe it if it were the Liberals.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:20 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
$1:
How do you figure? He was talking about: Markham-Unionville

Oh I see. So the entire scope of the controversy is completely isolated to that one riding? Ok thanks for clearing that up. It certainly explains why the headline (and the story...and the liberal report) seem to imply it's happening everywhere.

Wake me when the story has legs.

When the story is what the CPC candidate said then yes.

I doubt it bothered you much when it was the Liberals under fire for this very thing. They spent their entire tenure being accused of funding only Liberal ridings so when a conservative party member says it then they are well within their right to explore it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:22 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
$1:
Like I'm going to believe a site that is nothing but Harpers propaganda. I'm sure you'd believe it if it were the Liberals.

Yet you'll believe apparently any conservative that says something to your liking.

Are you saying I shouldn't believe conservatives? You might be right. :P

Regardless, if you have a problem then call this guy up. He's the one leveling the accusation.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

bootlegga bootlegga:

Apparently he didn't have a grip on this guy eh? :wink:

Pork-barreling is a political standard true however we know that when the Libs did it, it was evil incarnate eh!

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:23 am

DerbyX DerbyX:
They spent their entire tenure being accused of funding only Liberal ridings so when a conservative party member says it then they are well within their right to explore it.
I think you meant to say 'exploit it'.

Derby the report issued by the Liberals does not waste time with what he said: it denounces the entire program claiming this is happening everywhere. So if they can make that relevant then so can I.

$1:
Are you saying I shouldn't believe conservatives?
<yawn> No I'm saying you conveniently believe them the moment they say something you like.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:26 am

BTW-
DerbyX DerbyX:
I doubt it bothered you much when it was the Liberals under fire for this very thing.

Yeah actually it did bother me because i voted for them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:28 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
I think you meant to say 'exploit it'.

Derby the report issued by the Liberals does not waste time with what he said: it denounces the entire program claiming this is happening everywhere. So if they can make that relevant then so can I.

$1:
Are you saying I shouldn't believe conservatives?
<yawn> No I'm saying you conveniently believe them the moment they say something you like.

First off, if you want to make insulting inferences like <yawn> I will reciprocate.

Second I'm not saying it em I? In fact I said as much to Eyebrock that I'm sure Harper is trying to buy votes in Liberal ridings. When the Libs were doing it back under Martin & Chretien they were absolutely vilified for vote buying but now its all OK right?

As always it seems the cons here don't like it when they get treated exactly how they treat others because I have no illusions they would be screaming about this had it been a Liberal on tape saying this.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:29 am

Akhenaten Akhenaten:
BTW-
DerbyX DerbyX:
I doubt it bothered you much when it was the Liberals under fire for this very thing.

Yeah actually it did bother me because i voted for them.

Then this bothers you. the pork barreling? Its wrong for Harper to spend money this way is what you are saying correct?

Post new topic  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 75 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next