Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:25 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Thanos Thanos:
Like, what's the payout to them, both personally & professionally, in putting the lipstick on whatever regime is in charge in Russia at any given time? What's the benefit of constantly putting out the viral idea that one of the most consistently ugly & outright brutal nation-states on the planet is the paragon of virtue and innocence?

Not getting into it either, but none of the people you've named have done that. Assange may be on shaky ground, but I've never read him cheerleading for Putin.

As for Snowden--when you are calling Canada a dictatorship and then you are silent about the autocratic leader of the country that you live in invading a free country, there's not a lot of other conclusions you can draw.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:35 am

It a nice though Zipperfish but given the quality of the following I have grave doubts. I had a front row seat last night watching an antivaxxer trying to sit in a restaurant. Honestly, I have heard better arguments for his position out of children!! Little not stupid are children! The big talking heads are being paid to spout this nonsense the following either were never taught critical thinking or are too stupid to realize that they are being lied to. It's a very sad state of affairs that they don't seem to understand or be capable of thinking through.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:33 pm

Germany to create strategic coal and gas reserves

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:49 pm

So far the LCBO and NSLC have ordered their liquor stores to pull Russian made products from their shelves, most notably of course, Russian Standard vodka.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/ ... -1.6364570

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-sco ... -1.6364723

I would expect the rest of the country will do the same.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:54 pm

Time to cut diplomatic ties, recall our ambassador, expel theirs and close our embassy in Moscow.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:03 pm

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Scape Scape:

First time ever if memory serves.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:56 pm

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
There's not a lot of good here. The situation on the ground is heartbreaking. Watching videos this morning as guns are distributed to citizens off the back of a truck. Watched a video of a man saying goodbye to his wife and children, who are fleeing Kyiv.

But war has a way of clarifying and focusing the mind. Many of these people who called Trudeau a dictator are the same one's who love Putin. Some, like Trump, Russia Carlson and our own Theo Fleury, have gleefully jumped on board with Putin--you know, an actual dictator.

The Ukraine invasion has just started. Soon, gangs of Russia Special Forces with their list of names will be hunting in Kyiv. Things will get much bloodier and it is my hope that the scales will fall from the eyes of many as they see these whiners comparing Trudeau to Hitler are backing an autocrat invading a free country.

For once social media might actually be a good thing, as it might be helpful in bringing atrocities and illegal acts in this conflict to light, which may help the West grow a pair of balls and find some way to deal with Putin besides these useless sanctions.

Last edited by bootlegga on Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 3:13 pm

He's really banking on no one being stupid enough to start WWIII. How much faith can we put into people following the expected. Give how stupid things seem to have gotten everywhere! One nutjob with enough clearance and we don't have to worry about climate change or much of anything else.

Well aren't I just a shining bright ray of sunshine!!!

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6418 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 22  23  24  25  26  27  28 ... 428  Next