bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:49 am

stratos stratos:
$1:
No, but cell phone companies are forcing you to have the Facebook/Instagram app that you can't remove.

But what could you lose by having it on your phone. Worried about being tracked, someone following your purchasing habits, someone going to your contacts and telling them all your little dirty secrets (if you have some). What do you have to fear.

Same thing for all those that do not want the Government tracking and monitoring them just because they own a gun.

Fear is irrelevant. Privacy is my Constitutional right. ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:00 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Hitler was on the cover of Time. So was Zuckerberg.

Coincidence?

Yes. So was Stephen Hawking and I'm pretty sure he doesn't belong anywhere near those two in conversation.

You need a refresher course on cherry picking.

Who wore the haircut better?

I can't tell if your first post was sarcastic or not. I can only assume it was. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:01 am

stratos stratos:
But what could you lose by having it on your phone. Worried about being tracked, someone following your purchasing habits, someone going to your contacts and telling them all your little dirty secrets (if you have some). What do you have to fear.
Literally all the things you just said.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:15 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Tricks Tricks:
Yes. So was Stephen Hawking and I'm pretty sure he doesn't belong anywhere near those two in conversation.

You need a refresher course on cherry picking.

Who wore the haircut better?

I can't tell if your first post was sarcastic or not. I can only assume it was. :lol:

Have you just met me? [huh] ;)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:04 pm

Remember that old 1980's movie with Matthew Broderick during the height of the genuine fear that there was going to be a nuclear war? War Games, where he played that kid who hacked a defense computer with his Commodore VIC-20? They saved the world by making the defense computer run endless simulations to keep it from launching missiles for real until it exhausted itself and shut down. Then it came back on line and said there is no winnable scenario in which the world survives, and the only way to win was "not to play the game".

That's what needs to be applied to Facebook. Zuckerberg wins every time someone joins or even logs in. The only way he loses is if everyone were to quit using his platform. Or at least have enough users quit that profits decline to the point the FB board steps in and forces a change in company direction, or even boots Zuckerberg and his immediate circle out (depending on if they have a majority of shareholders on their side to be able do such a thing).

The only other thing that would work would be the US Congress to step in and force a breakup of Facebook the way they did to John Rockefeller's Standard Oil back in the late 19th century. With the GOP the way they are now that too is entirely unlikely because they won't want to do anything to harm one of the electoral weapons that works in their favour, which Facebook obviously does going by the way it was used to spread disinformation during the last federal election.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:23 pm

It will eventually fade like ICQ, MySpace, AOL and Microsoft Messenger.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:31 pm

MySpace is fading? I heard of this 'Google Hangouts' thing. Perhaps I'll check that out.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 2:33 pm

*receives call from 2006* - "yo yo yo, hit me up on my mafuckin' MySpace!" :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:12 pm

oogah oogah bong bong squeeeeeeee....
Oh boy, Geocities!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:13 pm

Time to see if that Angelfire account is still active. 8)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:42 am