Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Jeeziz HK Reist!
Just tried one of those "Beyond Meat" burger patties. Effing thing tastes more like meat than any of those frozen budget burgers!
Daughter's vegan pals tracked down a super buy on A&Rubberchew's supplier overstock that ended up at a surplus store and gave us a couple to test out. I actually fed half the Welfare Family Brand "sirloin" patty to the dog!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:17 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
One of the 'things' that vegetarians always yell about is how much healthier their diet is than a meat based diet. Yea Right! Unless you are eating burger packed in some huge slaughterhouse it appears lettuce is much worst for you. Besides, I find with good grass fed meat it takes way less to make you satisfied than with tasteless Extra Foods beef.

Kind of ironic, considering it's the runoff from the slaughterhouse that all too often is the source of the e-coli in farmers fields.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:04 am

I'd ask them to turn up the sounds of the cows being slaughtered while I eat a giant blue-rare steak. I like a little music while I'm eating.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:46 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
fifeboy fifeboy:
One of the 'things' that vegetarians always yell about is how much healthier their diet is than a meat based diet. Yea Right! Unless you are eating burger packed in some huge slaughterhouse it appears lettuce is much worst for you. Besides, I find with good grass fed meat it takes way less to make you satisfied than with tasteless Extra Foods beef.

Kind of ironic, considering it's the runoff from the slaughterhouse that all too often is the source of the e-coli in farmers fields.

My take here is that it’s not meat but production methods , CAFO’s (Concentrated animal feeding operation) that are the problem.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:51 am

fifeboy fifeboy:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:
fifeboy fifeboy:

My take here is that it’s not meat but production methods , CAFO’s (Concentrated animal feeding operation) that are the problem.

Very true. We rush to do things sometimes without thinking of the consequences. That's one reason we had to limit the sale of Antibiotics in Alberta. They weren't always being used to treat illness in animals, but were more often used for the side effect where animals using them would gain weight.