canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 am

I wouldn't say the Canadian identity is dead. I'd say more that the Canadian identity is false. The same is true for most countries, where myth is used on a regular basis to paper over basic reality. It's sort of necessary in a way, this kind of propaganda, because too many people (not a majority but certainly a sizable minority) would stop participating altogether in the myth if honesty were allowed to prevail. Myths hold us together, even if at their root they're more childish and unbelievable than most other fictions ever could be.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:31 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Prof_Chomsky Prof_Chomsky:
Last time I checked, might doesn't make right. We aren't on the school playground where the USA can just flex it's mighty military and then dictate terms to whoever they want or threaten to invade. That's the most asinine statement I've ever read.

Really? Because I've personally taken part in the invasion of Grenada, the invasion of Panama (although I managed not to do much of anything once I got there...good times), the first Gulf War, the invasion of Afghanistan, a few forays into north eastern Africa, and I did some armed tourism in the Kurdish portion of Iraq...which was actually pretty damned nice.

And I did a fuckload of 'dictating terms'. In several circumstances I enjoyed plenipotentiary authority to act on behalf of the United States of America and with few exceptions I was not the least bit interested in negotiating.

And that was precisely what my chain of command wanted me to do so don't try to tell me otherwise.

I know what my country is capable of doing because I've done it.

We're not a 3rd world narco-state, supporting terrorism or the drug trade.

Remember what happened when Poland got attacked? No one has EVER messed with a western democracy and got away with it. I know you're delusional in your rah rah USA crap, but you'd implode from the inside if you attacked Canada just from your own citizens.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:40 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
And if the USA ever did invade Canada, it would literally be the end of the USA. Every single ally and even non-ally we have would go ballistic. "Oh, they invaded their best friend? Where does that leave us?" Britain, France, Germany, the rest of NATO, Russia, China... everyone would lose their collective sh1t. At a minimum we'd be using smuggled tactical nukes to level Manhattan, and 1 US city a week after that until 'murica came to its senses. Hell, I'd bet the rest of the world would relish a chance to arm a gorilla force of Canadians to annihilate the USA from within. "Wait, you mean we have a chance to get rid of that bully once and for all, and we don't have to do anything? And the rest of the entire world will blame the USA for having invaded a sovereign, peaceful nation like Canada anyway?? Where do I sign up?"

:rock: [flag] [moon] [hockey] [popcorn]

Really? Do you really think that the rest of the world would react to the US invading and annexing Canada any differently than they did when Russia invaded and annexed half of Ukraine, when China invaded and occupied Tibet, when Turkey is right now invading and effectively annexing northern Syria, and etc?

And the truth here is that strained as our relations may be, the United Kingdom is still our best friend.

If that ever changes or if Canada ever fundamentally changes her relationship with the UK then don't expect the British or the EU to issue any ultimatums to the USA over Canada. They don't have the ability to enforce such an ultimatum and they know it.

As to Canadians waging a guerrilla war against the USA that's just silly.

Your own people would rat you out to the US occupiers so as to prevent any escalation of hostilities. Your country is already rife with people who openly hate Canada and who say that the Canadian identity is dead.

They're not going to fight for a country and an ideal that they loathe and if you fight for it then long before you face off with any Americans you'll have to face off with the legions of willing traitors within your own population.

People like yourself have spent three generations convincing Canadians that nationalism and militarism are barbaric and retrograde and guess what? You've succeeded.

So stop pretending that your people would fight for Canada's existence and liberty because folks like yourself have long convinced the vast majority of your fellow citizens that doing such a thing would be rude, ignorant, and impolite.

Now did I piss you off?

I certainly hope so.

I'm not even remotely pissed off. Honestly that rant was one of the funniest things I've read in months. Especially because I think you actually believe it. Oh great omnipotent 'murica.

Here you go. https://youtu.be/0MRmxfLuNto

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:51 pm

Remember what happened when Poland got attacked?

Yes, I do. Germany invaded from the west and the USSR invaded from the east and then massacred around 50,000 Polish leaders.

And France and Britain stood up for Poland by only declaring war on Germany and they conveniently ignored what the Soviets did. Not only did they silently accede to the Soviets invading Poland they later endorsed it at Yalta.

So don't tell me about the upstanding morality of the Allies when they allied themselves with the fucking communists and sold out millions of people into communist slavery for over forty five years.

No one has EVER messed with a western democracy and got away with it.

Saudi Arabia certainly got away with their involvement in 9/11, didn't they?

I know you're delusional in your rah rah USA crap, but you'd implode from the inside if you attacked Canada just from your own citizens.

If the liberal left in the USA (who control most of the media and most of the Federal bureaucracy) decided that it was in their interests to convince the American people to invade and occupy Canada then within a year or so the majority of the drooling retards who get their news from TV and Facebook would be demanding a war against Canada.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:20 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
Remember what happened when Poland got attacked?

Yes, I do. Germany invaded from the west and the USSR invaded from the east and then massacred around 50,000 Polish leaders.

And France and Britain stood up for Poland by only declaring war on Germany and they conveniently ignored what the Soviets did. Not only did they silently accede to the Soviets invading Poland they later endorsed it at Yalta.

So don't tell me about the upstanding morality of the Allies when they allied themselves with the fucking communists and sold out millions of people into communist slavery for over forty five years.

No one has EVER messed with a western democracy and got away with it.

Saudi Arabia certainly got away with their involvement in 9/11, didn't they?

I know you're delusional in your rah rah USA crap, but you'd implode from the inside if you attacked Canada just from your own citizens.

If the liberal left in the USA (who control most of the media and most of the Federal bureaucracy) decided that it was in their interests to convince the American people to invade and occupy Canada then within a year or so the majority of the drooling retards who get their news from TV and Facebook would be demanding a war against Canada.

Yeah, so WWII was costly, but it certainly didn't end well for Germany, the aggressors.

Yup... Saudi Arabia clearly state sponsored 9/11. That's a fact. Err, umm, alternative fact? You're that guy. I get it.

The idea that you believe the USA could literally invade any country they could successfully occupy is just beyond arguing. It's like trying to argue with a 5 year old why Chuck Norris, cannot in fact beat up everyone in the world at once.

The instant the USA showed any aggression to any western NATO country not only would the world bankrupt you, but they'd all collectively ensure you could never be aggressive toward any other member again. You can believe whatever Fox news BS you want about the USA being untouchable, but the fact is in modern warfare against modern armies united together, you'd take an ass whooping of epic proportions.

USA--> [BF] <-- World

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:56 pm

The instant the USA showed any aggression to any western NATO country not only would the world bankrupt you, but they'd all collectively ensure you could never be aggressive toward any other member again.

You're ignoring the world events unfolding before us.

The European Union is frantically trying to transform itself into a nation state and the result is the fracturing of the EU.

The UK is leaving the EU, the Visegrad countries are gathering themselves to follow suit, and concurrently the EU bureaucracy in Brussels and their puppet masters in Paris and Berlin are desperate to transform the EU into an economic and military superpower.

Once that latter part takes place (which I expect before the UK departure from the EU is final) then NATO will be dead.

The US will not enter into any alliance with a federal European Union. We might be peaceful and we may have friendly ties, but the era of military interconnection will be at an end.

The EU this last year started discussing their plans for a post-NATO Europe and Canada would be well advised to start planning for a post-NATO Canada.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:28 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
The instant the USA showed any aggression to any western NATO country not only would the world bankrupt you, but they'd all collectively ensure you could never be aggressive toward any other member again.

You're ignoring the world events unfolding before us.

The European Union is frantically trying to transform itself into a nation state and the result is the fracturing of the EU.

The UK is leaving the EU, the Visegrad countries are gathering themselves to follow suit, and concurrently the EU bureaucracy in Brussels and their puppet masters in Paris and Berlin are desperate to transform the EU into an economic and military superpower.

Once that latter part takes place (which I expect before the UK departure from the EU is final) then NATO will be dead.

The US will not enter into any alliance with a federal European Union. We might be peaceful and we may have friendly ties, but the era of military interconnection will be at an end.

The EU this last year started discussing their plans for a post-NATO Europe and Canada would be well advised to start planning for a post-NATO Canada.

Riiiiight. So then your argument is “Don’t look at the way the world ACTUALLY works, look at the way the world may possible someday work according to me, because in that context I am assuredly correct”

Your insane schizophrenic delusions aside, there is zero chance the USA gives up its allies in Europe because it would cost them all of their military bases instantly. And even if NATO dissolved and the USA decided to go it alone, every other member state including Canada would continue our alliances because we’re not idiots. We share common morals, culture, and also know that united no one on the planet can ever screw with any single one of us. Even ‘murica.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:43 pm

If I was too subtle then the message here is "WAKE THE FUCK UP". :wink:

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:45 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Riiiight, so you read "EU may form a stronger European Military to supplement each member countries military", and what your schizophrenic mind actually sees is " this is the end of NATO, and the US - European alliance, and now the USA can stop being friends with everyone and if they want they can invade any NATO country they want"

Despite the fact every single one of your links on the subject has similar quotes to this one

“This will not happen in competition with NATO,” the German official said.

I'd call that delusional.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:56 pm

and now the USA can stop being friends with everyone and if they want they can invade any NATO country they want"

He never said that, just how fucking retarded are you ?

$1:
Despite the fact every single one of your links on the subject has similar quotes to this one

“This will not happen in competition with NATO,” the German official said.

I'd call that delusional.

Europe is planning to build a military to rival Russia and other big blocks of countries.
That will fundamentally change the nature of the NATO alliance.
The Euros always say it won't change anything, but they lie through their teeth,
because they know it will.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is delusional.
Oh that would be idiotskys like you.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:03 pm

Comrade Prof. Chumsky, do you want to double your defense spending to meet your 2% of GDP commitment under NATO?

See, in 2016 your country promised to raise defense spending from .98% of GDP in 2016 to 1.02% in 2017 and then your Parliament welshed on that promise and only delivered a paltry .02% increase for an even 1% GDP outlay in 2017.

At some point you're either going to pay up or leave NATO. The US is not carrying your weight for you anymore.