canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:25 pm

It was also a good distraction from the Guns issue, somewhat concessionary. If we make this about a flag, we won't have to address the issue we have with guns.

If all he was armed with was a flag, there would be 9 less dead people.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:56 pm

Delwin Delwin:
It was also a good distraction from the Guns issue, somewhat concessionary. If we make this about a flag, we won't have to address the issue we have with guns.

The Left knows they can't win the gun issue even Obama admitted it because they don't have the political clout and Democrats are not going to touch that issue with the 2016 election closing in so they needed an issue and the flag was it, political optics.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:58 pm

that's a good point thanos. i'd be far more willing to chalk this up to "how will this affect the polls" rather than "maybe we should modern the fuck up"

i think the corporate reaction is pretty ridiculous (apple removing civil war games), and i hope there's no honest effort to actually ban or completely censor that flag. it's a rag and i don't even think the nazi flag deserves that much consideration. but remove it from government buildings? perfectly fine.

Attachments:
File comment: "drink budweiser"
K4wvv6s.jpg
K4wvv6s.jpg [ 24.28 KiB | Viewed 242 times ]
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:02 pm

Delwin Delwin:

Yep, because guns are the only way to kill people if you want to kill them badly enough :roll: Some of the worst mass murders in history were committed by single individuals without the use of any firearms.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:13 pm

Guns are still the easiest, most common and accessable way of committing a mass murder in the US. I doubt the kid had any expertise in bomb making, access to biological weapons or a plane that he could have flown into the church. Or were you thinking an army of robots?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:14 pm

The ‘Confederate Flag’ Never Called Me a N****r: But Blacks and Liberals Have

http://mychal-massie.com/premium/the-confederate-flag-never-called-me-a-nigger-but-blacks-and-liberals-have/

______

You will never hear this from the lame stream media.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:41 pm

Public_Domain Public_Domain:
that's a good point thanos. i'd be far more willing to chalk this up to "how will this affect the polls" rather than "maybe we should modern the fuck up"

i think the corporate reaction is pretty ridiculous (apple removing civil war games), and i hope there's no honest effort to actually ban or completely censor that flag. it's a rag and i don't even think the nazi flag deserves that much consideration. but remove it from government buildings? perfectly fine.

It's politics, man. There's no goodness in any of it, no matter who's saying what about how or whatever. Come for the cynicism, stay for the hurr durr derp deliberately designed to appeal to all the simpletons. At this stage I'd have more fucking faith in a system that was run by robots.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:59 pm

Eventually it'll be ended by a Butlerian Jihad. Omnius or Skynet....your choice

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:02 pm

yeah, i'm still trying to escape politics, but it's everywhere, i don't know how people avoid it so easily

i keep hearing about bernie sanders and then smacking my own wrist before i eat up too much of the bullshit

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:04 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
as i google these things, i realize we've already signed it all away

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:06 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:

Skynet. I like Arnold and everyone really kind of deserves it anyway. At this stage in my nightmare I could be standing at ground zero and the missile hits me right in the fucking head before it goes off and I'd thank it for it's kindness.

Got any sci-fi recommendations where humans aren't the heroes, where they the malicious shit that they truly are, like in Moorcock's Erekose stories? :|

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:08 pm

Thanos Thanos:

It's politics, man. There's no goodness in any of it, no matter who's saying what about how or whatever. Come for the cynicism, stay for the hurr durr derp deliberately designed to appeal to all the simpletons. At this stage I'd have more fucking faith in a system that was run by robots.

:lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:09 pm

yeah, i'm still trying to escape politics, but it's everywhere, i don't know how people avoid it so easily

i keep hearing about bernie sanders and then smacking my own wrist before i eat up too much of the bullshit

Don't believe in gods or heroes, man. You just set yourself up for a fall. Think of Logan in Logan's Run saying, 'there is no sanctuary, there is no sanctuary' over and over and over again, and you'll get the general idea.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:12 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Don't believe in gods or heroes, man. You just set yourself up for a fall. Think of Logan in Logan's Run saying, 'there is no sanctuary, there is no sanctuary' over and over and over again, and you'll get the general idea.
no gods, but people want me to vote. i don't want to vote, i still think it's fucking useless/pointless/insulting/false.

i mostly spread the word of futility. not received well tho. ndp 2015.

kill me.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:22 pm

Regina Regina:
N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
See, what I don't get though, is why is up to me to change my mind when I have the better argument.

Seriously? When was the last time you were flexible.

See how I opened that up for you for a sex joke. :wink: You're welcome.

If you actually presented a mind to change..............

doesn't he sound like me circa 2007? him and cdn_patriot

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next