Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:31 pm

Robair Robair:
Rats in SK get that big. Every once in a while you'll discover a nest under an old abandoned wood grain bin. You get the dogs and a few guys with shovels, then you lift one end of the grain bin with a front end loader. Rats run out and you're swinging the shovel. :lol:

Shovels? Where's SK? Wherever it is I've got a feeling you guys need to play more baseball. :wink:

Edit: Oh wait, I get it. Shovels for the little guys, right? Then the big ones wander out, and up come the pick axes, right?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:40 pm

north of MT and ND, east of AB, west of MB and south of NWT you geographically challenged git

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:52 pm

ShepherdsDog ShepherdsDog:
north of MT and ND, east of AB, west of MB and south of NWT you geographically challenged git

:oops:

Honest to God though, that's the first time I ever saw that abbreviation. And I used to think I got around.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:00 pm

Robair Robair:
Rats in SK get that big. Every once in a while you'll discover a nest under an old abandoned wood grain bin. You get the dogs and a few guys with shovels, then you lift one end of the grain bin with a front end loader. Rats run out and you're swinging the shovel. :lol:

I've attended two of these rat bashings. Ah the good old days.

When the BIG male rats come out (as pictured above) they can put on a fight. The dogs always win, but I've seen some big, mean dogs get quite cut up from one big mean rat. I've also witnessed big dogs that weren't mean enough and had the rat hurt them enough to put the dog on the run for a few seconds.

You need a brace of Jack Russell Terriers around. They are purpose-bred to make short work of barns full of rats.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:06 pm

Jabberwalker Jabberwalker:
You need a brace of Jack Russell Terriers around. They are purpose-bred to make short work of barns full of rats.

Even if that works, I'm not sure it would, you need something bigger to survive the coyotes...

I'm not doubting the tenacity of the little terriers, my wife had a terrier mix and that little shit would tackle anything.

But I can see a shorter dog getting over run by the rat swarm in a situation where you are uncovering a large nest.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:07 pm

:lol: WHY can't I plus rep that??

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Vikings.... :roll:

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:51 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:

:oops:

Honest to God though, that's the first time I ever saw that abbreviation. And I used to think I got around.

http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/PGaddress-e.asp#1380608

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:07 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
Vikings.... :roll:

Swedes....

The pussification of that society is almost complete.