PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 am

Title: Senior Mounties told not to meet MPs without prior approval
Category: Political
Posted By: Curtman
Date: 2013-04-26 04:50:31
Canadian

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:04 am

$1:
Toews's office did not respond to a request to explain the new policy.

Oh no! Maybe Vic has been muzzled too!

ROTFL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:47 am

I thought we lived in a Democracy...but I understand the need for conservatives to tape each other's mouths shut it just makes life more livable for everyone else. :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:55 am

GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:
I thought we lived in a Democracy...but I understand the need for conservatives to tape each other's mouths shut it just makes life more livable for everyone else. :lol:

A democracy doesn't mean you can run around and do anything you want without following proper procedures and policy.

It's funny to see people throw their arms up and shrug when a government loses control and programs and spending get out of control but when a government locks down and expect people to follow rules and policy we're talking about threats to democracy. :roll:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:30 am

OnTheIce OnTheIce:
GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:

A democracy doesn't mean you can run around and do anything you want without following proper procedures and policy.

It's funny to see people throw their arms up and shrug when a government loses control and programs and spending get out of control but when a government locks down and expect people to follow rules and policy we're talking about threats to democracy. :roll:

Yeah. Frankly, although I can understand the knee jerk emotive, the government is trying to control the Mounties comeback, at the same time, sr Mounties meeting with politicians of various stripes with little control or oversight hardly suggests a police force free of government influence.

Bit of a tempest in a teapot.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:10 am

Successful businesses seek to tap the knowledge of its human capital. If you have 50 senior members of the RCMP unable to share their knowledge to the people who we've democratically voted into office then I think we have a problem.

If I was an MP I would march down to the RCMP headquarters and demand that I get to talk to whomever I want. That is part of the job. Fuck Harper and Towes, fuck party lines.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:15 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:

Yeah. Frankly, although I can understand the knee jerk emotive, the government is trying to control the Mounties comeback, at the same time, sr Mounties meeting with politicians of various stripes with little control or oversight hardly suggests a police force free of government influence.

Bit of a tempest in a teapot.

The Mounties are not in the Executive or Legislative branch of Government, so why are politicians telling them what they can do? I can understand telling MPs they cannot meet with senior Mounties, but politicians should have no influence over the Judicial branch of government.

That is the breakdown of democracy as I see it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:26 am

Gunnair Gunnair:
OnTheIce OnTheIce:
GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:

Are you kidding ?

I don't want my MPs being able to call on the police any time they like, that
starts to open doors like politicians trying to influence the direction
of certain investigations.

There is enough of that nonsense going around already. I want the police
working for the public, not a bunch of priviledged asshacks.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:31 am

martin14 martin14:

Are you kidding ?

I don't want my MPs being able to call on the police any time they like, that
starts to open doors like politicians trying to influence the direction
of certain investigations.

There is enough of that nonsense going around already. I want the police
working for the public, not a bunch of priviledged asshacks.

If Harper and Co. didn't implement these measures, those on the left would be saying just that, talking about unfair influence, etc.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:41 am

GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:
I thought we lived in a Democracy

No, you don't. You live in a limited authoritarian state that grants you privileges in the absence of actual rights.

The only constraints on the power of your government is the conscience of your rulers because there really isn't anything in your culture or laws that pose a check on their power.

You have no property rights and property rights are the foundation of contract law and good government. Amazingly, the Chinese Communist Party understands this and has established property rights in China as far more sacred than they are in even the USA. Thus they are on the road to evolving a stable and honest government.

Meanwhile this issue in Canada is the kind of thing you'd expect to see in a 2nd world country where the police defy the authority of those who they are supposed to answer to.

And once your police get it into their heads that they don't have to answer to anyone then you folks might want to revisit the notion of reserving the right of the people to revolution. Of course, by the time you need such a right it will be too late.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:58 am

GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:

You're fooling yourself! We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:16 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
GeeGeeMcFee GeeGeeMcFee:

You're fooling yourself! We're living in a dictatorship! A self-perpetuating autocracy in which the working classes--

Quoting Python again? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:17 am

Busted!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:18 am

Python time? That's a good woody sound, not tinny at all. No good bloody Belgian bastards! :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:19 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Busted!

It's quite appropriate when dealing with certain members. [B-o]