Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:05 am

Title: Border guards told to forget about illegal drug exports
Category: Misc CDN
Posted By: Hyack
Date: 2012-08-24 01:06:39
Canadian

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:05 am

No threats about closing the border yet?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:28 am

Ignore drugs but keep vigilante on that $10 t-shirt some family did not clam for duty. One makes money for the coffers one costs money.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:06 am

I don't see the problem. Canada's not responsible for what enters the USA, the USA is. The vice-versa also applies.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:23 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
I don't see the problem. Canada's not responsible for what enters the USA, the USA is. The vice-versa also applies.

I don't think certain people understand it works that way. 8)

Having entered the US more times than I can remember, I don't ever recall being searched by CBSA on LEAVING Canada.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 am

Oh did that say exports?

Should really stop posting after night shifts :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am

BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I don't either. Often when we discuss legalization of marijuana people get the idea that what you are saying isn't true, and somehow the U.S. will punish us by closing the border. If they won't do it because we let illegal drugs go across, they certainly won't for legal ones.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Curtman Curtman:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I don't either. Often when we discuss legalization of marijuana people get the idea that what you are saying isn't true, and somehow the U.S. will punish us by closing the border. If they won't do it because we let illegal drugs go across, they certainly won't for legal ones.

Have you ever crossed the border? We don't search people going to the states, that's THEIR border guards job.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:00 pm

We do check exports, as the story says. As it also says, they've decided to put their scarce resources where it will do some good, not for the flood of drugs (pot and X are the only ones I can think of) that are going down there.

If we legalize, the pot going south would still be illegal. Nothing changes, really. Possibly a bit less pot would go south, or cost more, because cops would not be spending time busting legal operations growing for Canadian consumption, but could focus their resources on the illegal ones growing for export. Thinking about that, I've got to agree that legalizing pot wouldn't have a huge impact on gangs here, since most of their business is exporting to the US anyway. So unless the US also legalizes, gang wise things would probably stay about the same.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:05 pm

Never been searched crossing the border, but even if they did search commercial traffic it is still ultimately the US border guards job to keep stuff out of their country, not ours.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Curtman Curtman:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Marijuana and etc. are one thing but if you people don't stop smuggling Kinder Eggs into the USA then we're going to get SERIOUS!!!

Dangerous threat to the United States of America:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:08 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
Curtman Curtman:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

Have you ever crossed the border? We don't search people going to the states, that's THEIR border guards job.

Why weren't their border security doing their job when Marc Emery's seed found their way into the US when they were clearly labelled "marijuana seeds" on the manifest? They can read hopefully.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:21 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Why (wasn't the US) border security doing their job when Marc Emery's seed found their way into the US when they were clearly labelled "marijuana seeds" on the manifest? They can read hopefully.

You've got more hope than I do on that count. :lol:

Site Admin
Site Admin
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:53 pm

2Cdo 2Cdo:
BartSimpson BartSimpson:

I don't think certain people understand it works that way. 8)

Having entered the US more times than I can remember, I don't ever recall being searched by CBSA on LEAVING Canada.

Exactly! Me smells a rat.........which in this case means someone wants an increase in their operating budget.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Boston Bruins

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:18 pm

Curtman Curtman:
Why weren't their border security doing their job when Marc Emery's seed found their way into the US when they were clearly labelled "marijuana seeds" on the manifest? They can read hopefully.

Geez Curt, I don't have any idea whether they were doing their job or not, and furthermore don't care. But it is THEIR job to secure THEIR borders not ours. :roll: