Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:01 pm

So it just wasn't enough that unfounded and unprovable allegations land you in the crosshairs of the new Salem Witch Trials. Now it's the words you use that can lead to the ruination of your career, reputation and life.

But what's really galling is to have someone like Stephan Colbert make the accusations and then go on TV to "explain" why he reported you is beyond hypocritical. Especially given his own disgusting and inappropriate sexually laced anti Trump tirade that used a vile homosexual inference to insult and aggravate a standing President.

�Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,� Colbert said near the end of the insult-laden rant. �You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin�s cock holster.�

https://variety.com/2017/tv/news/late-s ... 202406991/

And we now see him saying how Vinnie Favale made some people around CBS uncomfortable completely forgetting that his WORDS were even more disgusting and innapropriate. For people on the left like Colbert it's okay to use disgusting insults under the guise of comedy when everybody knows it's a targeted attack but, for people like Vinnie Favale to use them is jokingly is innapropriate and should be reason to ruin a mans career life and reputation.

Anybody else see a pattern with how these people deal with things they don't agree with?

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 5:45 pm

Freakinoldguy Freakinoldguy:
So it just wasn't enough that unfounded and unprovable allegations land you in the crosshairs of the new Salem Witch Trials. Now it's the words you use that can lead to the ruination of your career, reputation and life.

But what's really galling is to have someone like Stephan Colbert make the accusations and then go on TV to "explain" why he reported you is beyond hypocritical. Especially given his own disgusting and inappropriate sexually laced anti Trump tirade that used a vile homosexual inference to insult and aggravate a standing President.

�Sir, you attract more skinheads than free Rogaine,� Colbert said near the end of the insult-laden rant. �You have more people marching against you than cancer. You talk like a sign language gorilla that got hit in the head. In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin�s cock holster.�

And we now see him saying how Vinnie Favale made some people around CBS uncomfortable completely forgetting that his WORDS were even more disgusting and innapropriate. For people on the left like Colbert it's okay to use disgusting insults under the guise of comedy when everybody knows it's a targeted attack but, for people like Vinnie Favale to use them is jokingly is innapropriate and should be reason to ruin a mans career life and reputation.

Anybody else see a pattern with how these people deal with things they don't agree with?

Having stopped watching late night TV in the 90's, I have no skin in the game but your comparison is off.

Making inappropriate, rude or vulgar comments to colleagues and those around you at work is different than publicly criticizing your President, however harsh those word may have been.

I think you're trying to make a point where there isn't one to be made.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Coach85 Coach85:

Having stopped watching late night TV in the 90's, I have no skin in the game but your comparison is off.

Making inappropriate, rude or vulgar comments to colleagues and those around you at work is different than publicly criticizing your President, however harsh those word may have been.

I think you're trying to make a point where there isn't one to be made.

I can see where you think there's no point and my comparison's off. One allegedly used racist, homophobic and sexist comments while trying to be funny while the other used homophobic sexist comments in a hate filled tirade complete with personal vitriolic. Yup they aren't quite the same thing, are they?

$1:
In his current role, Favale develops programing around talent and advises on comedy bookings for the network. He started his career with CBS in 1996 and served as a senior programming executive for "The Late Show with David Letterman" and "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert" through 2017. He appeared on the program in comedic bits several times during Letterman's tenure.
From 1998 to 2001, Favale also oversaw the CBS syndicated "Howard Stern Radio Show." He gained recognition among followers of Stern in numerous appearances on his TV shows between 2004 and 2012. He is also credited as one of the founders of the Comedy Central television network.
According to several people who work or worked with Favale as a CBS executive, the off-color humor prevalent in some comedy circles has followed him professionally.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/03/entertai ... index.html

So if you consider telling a sitting President that his mouth is only good for Putin's cock holster and then coming out and attacking your boss for something one hell of a lot less "harsh" than what you did alright, your moral compass and mine are probably on two different planes.

Although in fairness Colbert (probably under duress) sort of apologized to Trump for what he said. :roll:

$1:
“Now, folks, if you saw my monologue on Monday, you know that I was a little upset at Donald Trump for insulting a friend of mine,” the host said. “So, at the end of that monologue, I had a few choice insults for the president in return. I don’t regret that. I believe he can take care of himself. I have jokes; he has the launch codes. So, it’s a fair fight.” It was a pithy response and a largely apt one. Colbert is a topical comedian—part of his job is to snipe at the president, like many hosts before him have at many leaders before Donald Trump.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertainme ... gy/525375/

If that's the criteria for keeping your job, all Vinnie Favale has to say about his inappropriate comments is that "he doesn't regret them" and he should be back in the networks good books. Unfortunately it doesn't work like that. When you're outed and attacked by a person as unrepentant and apparently untouchable as Colbert you're dead in the water. But for all his popularity and fame it still doesn't make Colbert any less of a hypocrite than he already is which is what my point was.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 pm

Unfortunately this type of stuff from late night show hosts is right on the button, the neutered mainstream won't even mention what a raving prick the President is. We're lucky if they even point out one of his daily lies.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:32 pm

I can see where you think there's no point and my comparison's off. One allegedly used racist, homophobic and sexist comments while trying to be funny while the other used homophobic sexist comments in a hate filled tirade complete with personal vitriolic. Yup they aren't quite the same thing, are they?

So if you consider telling a sitting President that his mouth is only good for Putin's cock holster and then coming out and attacking your boss for something one hell of a lot less "harsh" than what you did alright, your moral compass and mine are probably on two different planes.

You're still trying to make a case where there isn't one.

Making racist,sexist and homophobic comments in the workplace isn't acceptable. Period. Talking about getting erections with your colleagues is just weird.

A talk show host ranting on TV isn't the same. What he said about the President is irrelevant. It's not a crime to insult the president. It doesn't break any rules or codes within the company about workplace behaviour. Not even in the same ballpark. He's not making those comments about anyone he works with, works for or in the context of work. His job is to entertain and make people laugh.

BTW, saying someone has someone else's cock in their mouth isn't homophobic nor more than saying he's eating the muff of a female leader heterophobic.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:00 am

herbie herbie:
Unfortunately this type of stuff from late night show hosts is right on the button, the neutered mainstream won't even mention what a raving prick the President is. We're lucky if they even point out one of his daily lies.
You're kidding, right? The leftist and ALT-left "mainstream" media are all over him like Madonna on an 18 yr old. Christ, CNN might as well call itself ATN; the Anti-Trump Network.
This is nothing more than an engineered character assassination by the ALT-left fascists and you're more than happy to go along with it.

"Trump is a racist/White supremacist"- This is one of my favourite lies about Trump and here's why. One of the first things he did as President was restore the funding to Historically Black Colleges and Universities that Obama had cut. Not only that, he also gave that funding an extra boost. Now, I can guarantee you that a true White supremacist would think a high school education was a total waste on Black people, never mind a post-secondary education.

"Trump is anti-Muslim"- Another stupid canard. Trump banned travel from 7 countries, two of which are Venezuela and North Korea, not exactly hotbeds of Islam. While the other 5 countries are muslim majority countries, there are 45 other muslim majority countries where people can still travel to the US, some of which are the largest muslim countries on the planet. Here's the thing. Those 5 countries that are banned from traveling to the US are also the same countries the US has been bombing for at least a decade. Not exactly a smart idea letting the very people you've been bombing for so long into your country.

"Trump is a nazi"- Another personal favourite, especially since the ones shouting it the loudest are pushing their own left-wing fascist agenda. When Trump starts rounding up "unfavourables" who are actual US citizens, loading them onto trains and confiscating their property, feel free to let me know. Unless it's ALT-left fascists, then I won't really give a shit.

"Trump is unstable"- When Trump is done as President he goes back to having a shit-fucking-ton of wealth. I don't see him doing something stupid that would destroy his personal financial worth. A nuclear war would certainly do that to him.

I won't argue that he's more than a little bombastic at times and can crank up the rhetoric. As for him lying, please spare us. Name a nation's leader that doesn't constantly lie. Except for Trudeau. There's no need for him or his party to lie since not a one of them will answer a question directly anyway. No, seriously, PM Groper lies all the time.
But ask him about "re-integrating" ISIS assholes and he'll waffle on for 2-3 minutes about refugees.
Ask him about how we can afford all these extra people and he calls you a racist.
Suggest that we maybe take our borders a little more seriously and his Somali-born immigration minister call you "un-Canadian".
When he's not lying or being a virtue signaling twit, he's being a self-aggrandizing asswipe.
Trudeau is truly bent on helping to bring about the downfall of Western civilization, such as it is.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:32 am

PublicAnimalNo9 PublicAnimalNo9:
herbie herbie:
You're kidding, right? The leftist and ALT-left "mainstream" media are all over him like Madonna on an 18 yr old. Christ, CNN might as well call itself ATN; the Anti-Trump Network.
This is nothing more than an engineered character assassination by the ALT-left fascists and you're more than happy to go along with it.

"Trump is a racist/White supremacist"- This is one of my favourite lies about Trump and here's why. One of the first things he did as President was restore the funding to Historically Black Colleges and Universities that Obama had cut. Not only that, he also gave that funding an extra boost. Now, I can guarantee you that a true White supremacist would think a high school education was a total waste on Black people, never mind a post-secondary education.

"Trump is anti-Muslim"- Another stupid canard. Trump banned travel from 7 countries, two of which are Venezuela and North Korea, not exactly hotbeds of Islam. While the other 5 countries are muslim majority countries, there are 45 other muslim majority countries where people can still travel to the US, some of which are the largest muslim countries on the planet. Here's the thing. Those 5 countries that are banned from traveling to the US are also the same countries the US has been bombing for at least a decade. Not exactly a smart idea letting the very people you've been bombing for so long into your country.

"Trump is a nazi"- Another personal favourite, especially since the ones shouting it the loudest are pushing their own left-wing fascist agenda. When Trump starts rounding up "unfavourables" who are actual US citizens, loading them onto trains and confiscating their property, feel free to let me know. Unless it's ALT-left fascists, then I won't really give a shit.

"Trump is unstable"- When Trump is done as President he goes back to having a shit-fucking-ton of wealth. I don't see him doing something stupid that would destroy his personal financial worth. A nuclear war would certainly do that to him.

I won't argue that he's more than a little bombastic at times and can crank up the rhetoric. As for him lying, please spare us. Name a nation's leader that doesn't constantly lie. Except for Trudeau. There's no need for him or his party to lie since not a one of them will answer a question directly anyway. No, seriously, PM Groper lies all the time.
But ask him about "re-integrating" ISIS assholes and he'll waffle on for 2-3 minutes about refugees.
Ask him about how we can afford all these extra people and he calls you a racist.
Suggest that we maybe take our borders a little more seriously and his Somali-born immigration minister call you "un-Canadian".
When he's not lying or being a virtue signaling twit, he's being a self-aggrandizing asswipe.
Trudeau is truly bent on helping to bring about the downfall of Western civilization, such as it is.

R=UP I wish that you were batting for my Red Sox tomorrow, because you have been consistently knocking it out of the park lately!!!

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:50 am

Coach85 Coach85:

You're still trying to make a case where there isn't one.

Making racist,sexist and homophobic comments in the workplace isn't acceptable. Period. Talking about getting erections with your colleagues is just weird.

A talk show host ranting on TV isn't the same. What he said about the President is irrelevant. It's not a crime to insult the president. It doesn't break any rules or codes within the company about workplace behaviour. Not even in the same ballpark. He's not making those comments about anyone he works with, works for or in the context of work. His job is to entertain and make people laugh.

BTW, saying someone has someone else's cock in their mouth isn't homophobic nor more than saying he's eating the muff of a female leader heterophobic.

So you're saying calling someone a cocksucker and someones bitch on national television is alright so long as you're a comedian?

Got it. But based on that you might want to tell Roseanne Barr because her twitter joke about Valarie Jarrett can now be forgiven. [B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:17 am

First off I disagree that Colbert’s comments were worse than the executives alleged comments and subsequent retaliatory workplace bullying.

Secondly criticizing the president in a stand-up comedy routine is in no way similar to workplace harassment and bullying. They’re not even in the same ballpark.

Last edited by BeaverFever on Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:45 am

So you're saying calling someone a cocksucker and someones bitch on national television is alright so long as you're a comedian?

Yes.

Got it. But based on that you might want to tell Roseanne Barr because her twitter joke about Valarie Jarrett can now be forgiven. [B-o]

Still having a hard time with the comparisons, eh? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 9:11 am

$1:
left-wing fascist agenda

Sorry you blew any chance of me listening to you.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:18 am

I love how the far left and the far right are such delicate snowflakes.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:21 am

BeaverFever BeaverFever:
First off I disagree that Colbert’s comments were worse than the executives alleged comments and subsequent retaliatory workplace bullying.

Secondly criticizing the president in a stand-up comedy routine is in no way similar to workplace harassment and bullying. They’re not even in the same ballpark.

You guys are missing my point.

I couldn't give a shit about that white bread left wing loser Stephen Colbert or his idiot woman harassing boss. What I have a problem with is Colbert's hypocrisy and willingness to claim the moral highground by attacking Favale for doing things as reprehensible as what he did.

BTW do you consider calling someone a cocksucker and bitch criticism? I may be wrong but
given today's PC climate isn't that considered verbal assault, or does that interpretation only apply to everyone not named Trump?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:24 am

Tricks Tricks:
I love how the far left and the far right are such delicate snowflakes.

It's a self perpetuating state that isn't going to stop till it implodes taking all the clowns with it.