canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:58 am

Title: RCMP, others investigating following alleged exorcism at Sask. children's bible camp
Category: Religion
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2022-08-28 11:54:59
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 11:58 am

Seriously, WTF is with this?

$1:
According to the government source, the complainants reported that the man decided to perform an exorcism on the child as the other children watched.

It's unclear how long the ceremony lasted, but at the end, the complainants say the man told the children he got rid of the demon that had possessed the child. He then handed his business card to each of the children, said the source.

He told the children they had to stay in contact with him for the rest of their lives, because only he knew how to ward off the demon they'd all encountered, according to the report.

It makes your skin crawl doesn't it?

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:54 pm

I know that the question was rhetorical but the answer is nut bars being nut bars. Unfortunately the world is full of them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:24 pm

This is on top of those recent articles about abuse at Christian schools in Saskatchewan that has been an issue because past students have spoken up about it.

I worked with a gal many years ago (early 90's) that had spent her entire childhood and teen years attending school in Sask at one of those Christian schools and the bible camps. She was super messed up and was absolutely horrified at the general chatter among the rest of us gals about how we were (normal) because she had been raised very sheltered from the real world. I recall that she even had a husband pre-arranged for her by her parents and only understood sex was for reproduction only. I've always remembered her because I have never known anyone else who was like that.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 7:05 pm

Some people should never have children or pets. It’s truly alarming what they do and how they treat children.

When we were in up north our neighbours kids were living a strict Christian life. They had moved up from the southern US to run a church. The girls didn’t own pants until winter. Then they were allowed to wear pants under their skirt to school because of the cold. Funny how more often than not the skirt got ditched instead of the pants at school. There was a huge stink when the oldest was discovered to own an instrument of that devil or you know a KISS album. I wonder what became of them.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:51 pm

And I'll bet you anything this creep felt compelled to do this "exorcism" because the poor kid probably mentioned he's read Harry Potter or something benign like that.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:33 pm

Psychopaths who run bible camp defend exorcism & "exorcist", yet parents who ruined their kid's summer by sending them to a fucking bible camp in the first place claim to be strangely appalled & thoroughly shocked that it happened.....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoo ... -1.6566169

$1:
Parents of children subjected to an exorcism without consent at a Saskatchewan Bible camp in July say they still can't believe it happened.

"I'm still in shock," said Heather Richinski, adding that her 14-year-old son is now in counselling and spent a recent two-day lake holiday inside the cabin because he feared the "demons" lurking outside.

The parents say it was traumatic and wrong, but the worst part is that top officials at Redberry Bible Camp condoned it after they were confronted.

"They just kept confirming this was a true spiritual experience," said Marci Bond, whose 13-year-old son was one of roughly eight boys in the cabin when the exorcism took place.

"They kept saying this was 'spiritual warfare' and it would likely happen again."

CBC News spoke to Bond and two other parents who picked up their children after midnight on July 14 following the exorcism. They all say Redberry executive director Roland Thiessen and board chair Wayne Dick told them — both that night and in follow-up conversations — that the exorcism was necessary to save the boys.

Thiessen and Dick said the man who performed the exorcism, Carlos Doerksen, had special powers to cast out demons, say the parents.

"They said, 'We've had satanic activity in the past.' They fully backed all of this," Richinski said.

"They said they were fortunate to have Carlos there because he can speak directly to God."

Thiessen referred all questions to Dick. Dick did not return text and phone interview requests Monday. Last week, Dick did say they take the matter seriously, but declined to discuss details.

Doerksen did not respond to repeated CBC News interview requests made by email and social media, as well as through his parents, pastor and other contacts.

But in a recent YouTube video, he did admit to conducting the exorcism on the boys, although he preferred to call it a "deliverance."

In the video, Doerksen said he told the parents his actions shouldn't come as a surprise.

"You should know better if you're sending someone to a camp that has the word 'Bible' in it," Doerksen said in the video.

"It's like sending your kid to a 'gay camp' and being upset that they're teaching them 'gay things.' That is your fault for being ignorant."

RCMP say they are investigating and encourage anyone who has not come forward to do so immediately.

Technically the camp is correct in their defense - if you send your children on purpose to something called "bible camp" then you shouldn't be shocked when something really stupid and/or disgusting happens to them there. It's never been a secret how the fundies & evangelicals who run these grotesque operations do things and how they've always behaved around children. They've been doing it for hundreds of years and they obviously have no intention of ever stopping, no matter how creepy or outright dangerous to the kids it can be.

I'd also observe, given the nature of these people, that any of the parts of the Sermon on the Mount where Jesus commanded humanity to care for each other and not be totally shitty to each other all the goddamn time probably doesn't even get touched on in the slightest in a camp like this. It would by default be a non-stop horror show of terrifying the kids with eternal damnation if they aren't permanently obedient, to the so-called "authorities" of their religion. There's nothing more to these places than installing a lifelong pattern of indoctrinated behaviour into the kids, by any mean necessary, in order to "save" them.

Obedience or damnation to the lake of fire, and nothing at all in between the two options will ever be offered.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:40 pm

I beg to differ. I went to 'Bible Camp' many summers, and a few winters, and not once was there any sort of stupidity or grotesqueness. Just good people, trying to do the best they could.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:47 pm

Unsupervised adults overseeing a herd of children for the purposes of religion should rightly set off the alarm bells in pretty much everyone these days. It's not like enough evidence of the sort of things that happen hasn't been put on display for a very long time now. Fuck, at this stage a freak doing an exorcism on a delirious sick kid is probably the most harmless thing that could occur, given then endless list of other life-wrecking horrors that could have happened instead.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2022 5:57 pm

I don't think we can paint the group with the same brush as those whackos. They definitely need some guidance, as their cheese has slipped off the cracker. But yea, exorcism seems pretty tame compared to what others were doing in the name of their sky deity.