canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 pm

Title: Opinion | What do the Liberals have to offer?
Category: Political
Posted By: ridenrain
Date: 2009-09-08 10:53:38
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:50 pm

I don't know if they can do better, but given Harper's flip flops and willingness to do anything to stay in power, what's the difference?

I wish there was a viable alternative.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:57 pm

$1:
This centralization of policy along with strict "message control" has shortchanged Canadians. It has meant little public discussion of key issues and testing of new ideas by Liberals (or Conservatives). Instead, the focus is on attacking the other guy.

Yup.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:02 pm

bootlegga bootlegga:
I don't know if they can do better, but given Harper's flip flops and willingness to do anything to stay in power, what's the difference?

I'm in favor of selecting people for political leadership from the jury pool. Let them serve their single term and then go home. No campaigns, no fund raising, no lobbyists.

I sincerely doubt that picking people at random would yield us worse leadership than the present system that pikcs the biggest brown-nosers and liars.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:03 pm

BartSimpson BartSimpson:
bootlegga bootlegga:

I'm in favor of selecting people for political leadership from the jury pool. Let them serve their single term and then go home. No campaigns, no fund raising, no lobbyists.

I sincerely doubt that picking people at random would yield us worse leadership than the present system that pikcs the biggest brown-nosers and liars.

Have you not seen the judgments some juries come back with? 8O

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:03 pm

[B-o]

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:19 pm

So far the better they can do is a recycled 1972 PC party slogan and the flag of Indonesia. Most Canadians don't think that's worth $300 million for Iggy to find his backbone.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:47 am

"We can do better" probably stands for the liberals ability to pick a leader that is good for Canada. They haven't done so well since Lester Pearson.