Posted By: ridenrain
Date: 2009-09-11 12:30:06
Canadian

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:50 pm

$1:
The postcard - from Liberal M-P Hedy Fry - shows a weathered Canadian flag on a rucksack with the words "We used to wear it abroad with pride."

Let me guess, Fry doesn't bother to explain why in this postcard?

All flash, no substance... just like her boss Iggy, lots of nice talk... but no platform, no facts.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:55 pm

I was trying to figure out how Hedy Fry was talking to her Vancouver riding via Fredericton, NB.

She's gone this election anyways.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:59 pm

To Jody Carr: Suck it up, buttercup.

Hedy Fry? Gone? Maybe, but I've heard that one before. She's proved to be pretty good at winning elections. She's knocked off some big names.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:05 pm

$1:
The postcard - from Liberal M-P Hedy Fry - shows a weathered Canadian flag on a rucksack with the words "We used to wear it abroad with pride."

Jody Carr says all Canadians are proud to wear the Canadian flag and are proud of the military.

Jody Carr is right and Hedy is a disgrace again.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:12 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:

Jody Carr says all Canadians are proud to wear the Canadian flag and are proud of the military.

Jody Carr isn't entirely correct, I know there are Canadians who have a low opinion of our country, and the military in particular. Those on the far left seem to have a distaste for our Armed Forces.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
$1:

Let me guess? You're outraged, right? :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:35 pm

I think it's Hedy Fry who is outraged.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
I think it's Hedy Fry who is outraged.

No, you gotta admit, the right has the market corenerd on outrage these days. It It's probably the chief difference between the the left and the right tehse days, that the right spends all their time being outraged. They've even got a whole host of pundits whose job it is to be professionally outraged. The left tends to mope and cry like Al Franken.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:41 pm

lol...now they have a taste of their own medicine... the tory attack ads and they don't apoligize ..screw him

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:41 pm

Does the fear of eviromental disaster not count as outrage?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Hey... when I was in Vancouver in August, I had my picture taken with Hedy... awesome lady.. I will treasure that picture for ever! Met her at a liberal BBQ .. very nice.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:46 pm

There is a point to be taken though.. with harper in power there isn't much for Canadians to be proud of abroad or at home!

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
 Ottawa Senators
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:54 pm

kenmore kenmore:
There is a point to be taken though.. with harper in power there isn't much for Canadians to be proud of abroad or at home!

Fair weather Canadian are you? Only proud of your country when your horse is pulling the carriage? :roll:

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:57 pm

Liberals: 137 seats.

"We're about to elect the most American-like prime minister in history" - Liberal attack ad.

Liberals: 77 seats

"Harper is a Bush puppet neocon Republican wannabe...I'm ashamed he's PM" - Typical liberal.

Liberals: 26 seats.

"Canadians used to be proud of Canada, but even though I can't articulate a specific reason, ever since they voted Harper in we should be ashamed to be Canadian"-Typical liberal refuse-to-think-for-themselves parrot.

Liberals: ?...11 seats?

You'd figure sooner or later they'd change their tune and just concentrate on the issues and cleaning up their own party. Apparently not. It's all circling the drain for the Liberal party and I sincerely think that's a shame.