canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:57 am

Title: MIT Predicted in 1972 That Society Will Collapse This Century. New Research Shows We’re on Schedule.
Category: Economics
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2021-07-19 06:34:05
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:57 am

So, Malthus was right. :evil:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:05 pm

Good to see the project is meeting all it's milestones according to the original plan.

So, what's the deal with the ecosystem anyway? It took something like half-a-million years to grow to it's current form and less than 500 years to thoroughly trash it beyond any hope of recovery? Yay humanity! :|

PS: linky no worky.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 2:59 pm

Sigh. The site won't open in a window.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/z3xw3x/ ... lapse-soon

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Calgary Flames

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:17 pm

MIT can get bent.

-J.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 3:23 pm

CDN_PATRIOT CDN_PATRIOT:
MIT can get bent.

-J.

For doing science?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2021 4:31 pm

All life becomes a punishment eventually. Like Adama said sometime you just can't walk away from your mistakes and not have the consequences catch up to you someday. I'll probably be dead by the time the worst hits, although the initial stages of the worst (judging by the heat dome) are going to be plenty awful themselves. If natural justice happens, and it always does eventually, I'll have to do my portion of suffering as recompense for my part in the system that's ruined this planet, and for my wholesale support of the political & economic monsters that went out of their way to destroy what they could in order to make themselves comfortable, wealthy, and in literal possession of power over the lives of billions.

I've already had more than a few long dark nights of the soul in my life. And there's more of those dreadful moments to come too. I won't be the only one either. Smashing all the mirrors around us will do nothing to make the responsibility for what we've done to our world go away. What's coming up soon is going to be far too massive for anyone to escape from. And karmically no one should be allowed to run away from it anyway. :|

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:49 pm