Title: Liberals might be granted their death wish
Category: Political
Posted By: EyeBrock
Date: 2009-10-02 08:19:42
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:32 pm

What went wrong? I was watching the CBC news last night with the panel of 'At Issue'.
Chantal Hebert nailed it as usual. Iggy has really dissapointed.

When's derby's ban finish?

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:39 pm

Damn, things do look grim for the Libs. :(

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:43 pm

If the NDP were on the ball, they could take quite a bit of the lefty Liberal vote right now. I wonder how many Liberal MPs are looking to cross the floor now.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:50 pm

Maybe thats what needs to happen, a splintering of the Liberal party. Some goto the CPC and some goto he NDP and Greens. If the NDP were able to get some new leadership they could become the next opposition party in a few years.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:01 pm

I really do think if they drew back after Martin lost, cleaned house and re-discovered their core values (if they have any), they would now be much farther ahead. Simply putting on a fresh coat of paint and bluffing their way through has just made them look like a joke.

Forum Elite
Forum Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:05 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
If the NDP were on the ball, they could take quite a bit of the lefty Liberal vote right now. I wonder how many Liberal MPs are looking to cross the floor now.

Layton comes in his pants just thinking of the bucketload of seats he thinks he can pick up in Quebec. Well, now's the time. The Liberal leader is Dion-lite and their Quebec organization has now collapsed.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:10 pm

ridenrain ridenrain:
I really do think if they drew back after Martin lost, cleaned house and re-discovered their core values (if they have any), they would now be much farther ahead. Simply putting on a fresh coat of paint and bluffing their way through has just made them look like a joke.

I agree completely, even after Dion they hammered through and tried to act as if nothing was wrong.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:19 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Damn, things do look grim for the Libs. :D :D :D :D

Fixed that smiley for ya. 8)

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Meh I dont revel in their difficulties, I feel sorry for the MPs who are trying to do their best but are hampered by Iggys leadership.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Toronto Maple Leafs

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:25 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Iggys leadership.

Oxymoron. :wink:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:28 pm

Yeah, but it's still the party of creeps like Ruby Dhalla and Joe Volpe and always will be. So I'll enjoy it while it lasts because it's inevitable that they'll once again be in charge somday and happily fleecing the rest of us to their hearts content.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:10 pm

Guy_Fawkes Guy_Fawkes:
Meh I dont revel in their difficulties, I feel sorry for the MPs who are trying to do their best but are hampered by Iggys leadership.

It's hard to feel sorry for them with Hedy Fry bleating on about the "C" symbol from the new HBC Olympic line, or watching Iggy in a cornfield in Burlington, with Gerard Kennedy.

The same Gerard Kennedy pushing for a "War Resistors" bill in the House to welcome the US Army volunteers who have deserted.

Or Dan McTeague say the government is racist in doubting that lying chick from Kenya's story, you know the one who lived in Toronto ten years but never new the name of Lake Ontario or her only sons birth date.

Nope, they brought this on themselves. No sympathy, I'm just disappointed with Iggy, what a dud. It could be worse, I could be a Liberal.

CKA Super Elite
CKA Super Elite
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:28 pm

Hehe you do make some good points EyeBrock, I can feel myself getting over my sympathy pretty quickly... :lol:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Well, I like to distill the issues to a few punchy bullet points! It's the Limey thing. No BS, lets get to the nitty-gritty.