canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:18 am

Title: Jason Kenney slashed the budget�hey, Trudeau made him do it!
Category: Provincial Politics
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2019-10-25 05:43:45
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:40 am

good!

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 7:44 am

uwish uwish:
good!

Exactly! Kenney should be representing the Corporations who elected him.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:01 am

I like the budget, I think it is a good one. You cannot argue with living within your means, and the gov has demonstrated many times that our spending is way out of line with our population. Something has to be done an he is doing it...

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:08 am

Yup. Let's give those corporations a tax break, in hopes they will pass that on to the general public and not their executives - this time. Let's lay off a whole bunch of government workers, losing their knowledge in hopes that the ones that remain with a pay cut manage to keep the lights on. Let's keep people on AISH living below the poverty line, and let's get rid of the inflation increases so that they have a little less to live on every year. Let's push those infrasturcure improvement costs down to other governments, in hopes there will be just one more oil boom to pay for it in the future. Let's shrink the economy, and further send our province into recession.

And let's blame it all on Trudeau! [B-o] No argument from me at all.

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:37 am

glad we finally agree..

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 8:49 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Yup. Let's give those corporations a tax break, in hopes they will pass that on to the general public and not their executives - this time. Let's lay off a whole bunch of government workers, losing their knowledge in hopes that the ones that remain with a pay cut manage to keep the lights on. Let's keep people on AISH living below the poverty line, and let's get rid of the inflation increases so that they have a little less to live on every year. Let's push those infrasturcure improvement costs down to other governments, in hopes there will be just one more oil boom to pay for it in the future. Let's shrink the economy, and further send our province into recession.

/s

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:00 am

Now that the election is over Kenney’s getting ready to be worse than he campaigned for and he campaigned on being pretty awful.

If he were really interested in “living within his means” he wouldn’t have brought in a tax cut that reduces those means. Nobody say “oh I’m broke I better ask my boss for a pay CUT” but that’s exactly what this is.

Ask the failed Republican governor of Kansas Sam Brownback how this failed right wing ideology of harsh austerity and tax cuts for the wealthy worked out. He literally ran the state into the ground to the point that schools across the state could only open 4 days a week which not only robbed the kids of their education and future but robbed parents who had to stay home or pay for childcare.

Austerity championed by the right is a proven failure that destroys lives and NEVER achieves its goals except to enrich the wealthy and business elite while average people are told to suck it up and accept a lower standard of living.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:22 am

Aside from AISH the other social assistance programs don't appear to be targeted for cuts. And the denial of certain funds to the cities is a good thing. Especially Calgary, because that team of clods running our city council can't be trusted with public money, period. They're so over-the-top irresponsible with what they do with tax dollars that they could give the former Wynne government in Ontario a run for the (citizens) money in a contest between bad managers.

A 2.8% cut isn't the apocalypse that it's being made out. It's not pleasant but it's far less severe than what I was expecting them to do. I definitely don't endorse anything Kenney does but this one isn't worth the tizzy it's causing.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am

Tricks Tricks:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

/s

I didnt't think I needed to add that. Thought the sarcasm would soak through.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:33 am

Thanos Thanos:
Aside from AISH the other social assistance programs don't appear to be targeted for cuts.

The thing about AISH is that it's a very open club. Everyone is welcome. We are all one slip on the sidewalk away from needing it.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:38 am

The businesses needed a break, after almost five years of what the likes of Trudeau and city councils like Calgary's have been doing to them. You guys are smarter than this. You all damn well know that "corporation" in the business & taxation sense includes every small businessperson running a store or a service outfit as much as it does some monstrous outfit with thousands of employees. Saying the little guys don't deserve any relief from the exorbitant taxation that's erupted in the last half-decade is just more punching-down on people who've already been bashed to pieces by our retard governments.

This is one of the Scheer Conservative's major fuck-ups in the election, IMO, in that they did noting to address the out of control taxation in this country. They should have run amok with this and beat the living hell out of the Libs with it. That it's not a major issue all across this besotted nation is absolutely baffling. Typically fucking oblivious in the usual Canadian manner, of course, but still baffling that apparently no one takes it more seriously.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:46 am

The severely handicapped are going to have to suck it up and get by with less so business can get (yet another) tax break. It’s about time those spoiled over-indulged severely disabled got taught a lesson so those poor millionaires can save a desperately needed dollar or two.

Thousands of public sector employees willing be added to the ranks if the unemployed- that ought to get the economy going again!

/s

CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 11:55 am

Thanos Thanos:
The businesses needed a break, after almost five years of what the likes of Trudeau and city councils like Calgary's have been doing to them. You guys are smarter than this. You all damn well know that "corporation" in the business & taxation sense includes every small businessperson running a store or a service outfit as much as it does some monstrous outfit with thousands of employees. Saying the little guys don't deserve any relief from the exorbitant taxation that's erupted in the last half-decade is just more punching-down on people who've already been bashed to pieces by our retard governments.

This is one of the Scheer Conservative's major fuck-ups in the election, IMO, in that they did noting to address the out of control taxation in this country. They should have run amok with this and beat the living hell out of the Libs with it. That it's not a major issue all across this besotted nation is absolutely baffling. Typically fucking oblivious in the usual Canadian manner, of course, but still baffling that apparently no one takes it more seriously.

bravo zulu..