Title: Husband & wife shocked after DNA test reveals they are twins
Category: Strange
Posted By: BeaverFever
Date: 2017-04-16 05:44:42
Canadian

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 5:49 am

Cue the jokes about inbred Mississippians. But seriously, given the identical birthdates and backstories, how did they not figure it out sooner?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:02 pm

It's a good thing that they did not conceive naturally.

It's surprising to begin with that they were not adopted together or at the very least the adoptive families would have been told about the other offspring.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:54 pm

Reading the news lately you'd almost hink they go out of their way not to!
The woman in Prince Rupert who was dropped off at the Hospital door in the 1970s goes looking for her birth Mom - finds three siblings, all abandoned at churches and hospitals over the years, plus another who was already deceased... how could they NOT link these when they were happening?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:14 am

Legally they were not siblings. It's just a coincidence that they met at the same college.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:28 pm

It's not really surprising. Adoption was very quiet almost a dark secret. My brothers birth certificate was changed after the adoption was finalized to state he was born to my parents. He was five when we got him. My mother used to laugh and wonder what she had really been doing that day. It was an open adoption but he still lost some of his family and history

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:29 pm

housewife housewife:
It's not really surprising. Adoption was very quiet almost a dark secret. My brothers birth certificate was changed after the adoption was finalized to state he was born to my parents. He was five when we got him. My mother used to laugh and wonder what she had really been doing that day. It was an open adoption but he still lost some of his family and history

Have him do his DNA online and he'll find family. I did it and came up with a first cousin I didn't know I had! :wink:

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Thanks Bart I will mention it to him. Last I heard of his father he had just remarried and said he was too young to have a five year old around. Or some such rott