canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:42 pm

Title: Big U.S. pro sports leagues join alliance pledging responsible betting ads
Category: Sports
Posted By: Strutz
Date: 2023-04-19 16:40:06
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:42 pm

I find this hilarious.

$1:
... an alliance to ensure that sports betting advertising is done responsibly and does not target minors.

Considering minors watch sports on TV it is rather difficult to avoid targeting them.

One of the things I'm annoyed about with watching NHL hockey (I've noticed it much more this past season) is the in-your-face gambling advertising. From those stupid video boards constantly changing, flashing ads to the endorsements and encouragement from players in TV ads and the constant reminders from the commentators to "place your bets". :roll:

Since many alcohol companies also advertise heavily on the boards and on the ice I'm just waiting for the day when you see pro players crackin' cold ones or doing shots of whatever in ads promoting the products. For "adults only" of course... :roll:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:56 pm

Gambling is for people who never learnt statistics.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 5:51 pm

Gambling is a potential dangerous addiction. Lives are ruined because of it when it gets out of hand.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 6:22 pm

I saw an ad about a gambling tool that helps you manage how much you gamble and the time you spend on their site. If you need a tool to manage the time you spend gambling, you may have a problem. 8O