Category: Showbiz
Posted By: N_Fiddledog
Date: 2016-12-11 00:07:13

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:03 pm

I doubt Fat Al will get much positive attention with this one.

It will remind too many what an embarrassment the last one turned out to be.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:05 pm

And just because it's funny:

Attachments:
terrorist-climate-change.jpg
terrorist-climate-change.jpg [ 220.5 KiB | Viewed 1248 times ]
CKA Elite
CKA Elite
 Montreal Canadiens
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:00 am

he lied on the first one, people can see through his BS now.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:50 am

An Inconvenient Truth in the Post Truth era.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:33 am

When the end come it'll be yuuuuuuuge and bigly and well deserved. We're at the same stage now as Vancouver Island marmots are, too stupid to stay alive unless it's with outside help.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:30 pm

Thanos Thanos:
We're at the same stage now as Vancouver Island marmots are, too stupid to stay alive unless it's with outside help.

They're fascinating little guys.

Apparently the problem there is they've somehow lost the ability to exist in a larger culturally cohesive society so they've splintered off into small conflicting identity groups. This makes them vulnerable to increasing predation.

Apparently the non-native, jihadi coyote finds them particularly tasty.

Bet you think I'm joking. :wink: Kind of, but not necessarily.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vancouver ... te_note-21

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Thanos Thanos:
When the end come it'll be yuuuuuuuge and bigly and well deserved. We're at the same stage now as Vancouver Island marmots are, too stupid to stay alive unless it's with outside help.

Perhaps it is the fate of every successful species to eventually suffocate in its own waste. Just ask a yeast cell in a warm sugary beer vat, happily farting CO2 and pissing alcohol when times are good only to eventually drown in its own excrement. But at least we end up with beer that way.

On the other hand, doesn't look like the Dakota Access is going to go except over a bunch of dead bodies. Kinder Morgan TMX may be the same.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:41 pm

I keep telling you Zip, it's the evolutionary process of R/K selection which eventually has to lead what in our world we can call the bunny-people becoming suicidal on a mass scale when their society becomes too successful.

Apparently it works with animals too.

http://www.anonymousconservative.com/bl ... on-theory/

:wink: 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:41 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
I keep telling you Zip, it's the evolutionary process of R/K selection which eventually has to lead what in our world we can call the bunny-people becoming suicidal on a mass scale when their society becomes too successful.

Apparently it works with animals too.

http://www.anonymousconservative.com/bl ... on-theory/

:wink: 8)

Wow, that just might be one of the biggest piles of pseudo-scientific horseshit I've ever read.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:10 pm

$1:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:
Wow, that just might be one of the biggest piles of pseudo-scientific horseshit I've ever read.

That's pretty bold talk in a thread concerning Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. :mrgreen:

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:50 pm

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
$1:
Zipperfish Zipperfish:

That's pretty bold talk in a thread concerning Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. :mrgreen:

Oh I'm afraid it's a lot horseshittier than Al Gore. When you try to demonstrate your hypothesis you need to provide observations to support it. You know like--CO2 is increasing in concentration in the atmosphere and therefore we predict the average temperature of the troposphere will increase, oh and look, the average temperature of the globe is increasing. That kind of thing.

Al Gore is fat is not, in scientific circles, considered a adequate rebuttal to the global warming argument.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:12 pm

That's OK you can be afraid all you want, you just can't call this science.

$1:
A High Court judge who ruled on whether climate change film, An Inconvenient Truth, could be shown in schools said it contains nine scientific "errors".

Or I guess you could, but apparently it's not scientific enough for children.

There's no persuasive evidence the apocalypse of warming is coming. It would take more than rewriting the climate data to produce it, and the bozos in charge couldn't adjust the global thermostat even if Warmageddon was coming - no matter how much they tithed for the new faith of the new Reverend Al. (Gore that is)

Plus...he's fat. 8)

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:20 pm

Hey, speaking of data, I just learned a new stat today.

Did you know the average human exhales 2 pounds of CO2 a day? I heard that somewhere and thought it was kind of cool.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:35 am

N_Fiddledog N_Fiddledog:
That's OK you can be afraid all you want, you just can't call this science.

$1:
A High Court judge who ruled on whether climate change film, An Inconvenient Truth, could be shown in schools said it contains nine scientific "errors".

Or I guess you could, but apparently it's not scientific enough for children.

There's no persuasive evidence the apocalypse of warming is coming. It would take more than rewriting the climate data to produce it, and the bozos in charge couldn't adjust the global thermostat even if Warmageddon was coming - no matter how much they tithed for the new faith of the new Reverend Al. (Gore that is)

Plus...he's fat. 8)

Well originally the deniers said it wasn't warming up. Then they said it was warming up, but people weren't causing it. Now they are saying, yes, it's warming p and people are contributing, but it won't be catastrophic. At least they are coming along.

I don't know if it will be catastrophic or not, but it is already having significant impacts.