Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:13 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:18 pm

And the NDP get a little closer to forming government.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:41 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:

My grandmother would be so pleased by that comment. Because of the times she grew up in she did not have the benefit of an education but politics was something she paid attention to, especially later in her life, which always surprised me a bit. I recall she used to encourage me to vote NDP because "they were the only ones that cared about people", as she always put it. Back then (90's, 00's) I wasn't completely onboard with that but I have changed my views over the years and I do see now what she saw then.

It will be interesting to see how these steps forward that they have been behind affect the support for the party going forward to the next Federal election.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:43 am

Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

My grandmother would be so pleased by that comment. Because of the times she grew up in she did not have the benefit of an education but politics was something she paid attention to, especially later in her life, which always surprised me a bit. I recall she used to encourage me to vote NDP because "they were the only ones that cared about people", as she always put it. Back then (90's, 00's) I wasn't completely onboard with that but I have changed my views over the years and I do see now what she saw then.

It will be interesting to see how these steps forward that they have been behind affect the support for the party going forward to the next Federal election.

For some reason, the farming community I grew up in believed the Alberta NDP were best for the province. I was very conservative and fell for the PC rhetoric that the NDP would bankrupt the province. I liked Grant Notley, and when Rachael got her shot, I thought she did well. Rookie mistakes, but 100% less corruption and graft.

Seeing how far the UCP have strayed from the conservative value of a pro-business government to an anti-taxpayer one, I can't in good concious vote for them or the CPC, I'll never vote for anyone named 'Trudeau', so that leaves one option. And I don't doubt Jagneet tries to be a good person.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 1:37 pm

Ditto. He has become the defacto choice at this point. My north star has been for some time now anyone but the cons. So with my riding that means NDP but I would vote for the liberals if they were the ones with the best chance to win.

Cons in principal and Cons in practice are not the same thing. Back in the 80's when they had a bone to pick over spending they had a point about wasteful spending but now it has become a grift. It's not how money is being spent is the problem to them, it's that they are not the ones reaping the benefit exclusively from it. They can't even run on personal liberty now because they have now gone all in on othering the lgbtq crowd to feed their base. It was Trudeau senior that said 'No place for the state in the bedrooms of the nation'. Something lost on the rabble that flock to pp now.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2024 4:14 pm

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Strutz Strutz:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

For some reason, the farming community I grew up in believed the Alberta NDP were best for the province. I was very conservative and fell for the PC rhetoric that the NDP would bankrupt the province. I liked Grant Notley, and when Rachael got her shot, I thought she did well. Rookie mistakes, but 100% less corruption and graft.

Seeing how far the UCP have strayed from the conservative value of a pro-business government to an anti-taxpayer one, I can't in good concious vote for them or the CPC, I'll never vote for anyone named 'Trudeau', so that leaves one option. And I don't doubt Jagneet tries to be a good person.

I've never quite viewed the Provincial NDP (or insert any other party) the same as the Federal NDP (or other). The issues at hand on either level tend to have differences on importance and how the parties approach decisions.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:32 pm

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:39 pm

I am loving the idea of a national formulary. LONG overdue. Instead of one for every province and territory with their own pricing schemes. This, and buying in bulk is the biggest wins of a program like this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:09 pm

I don't like that it's opt-in. Provinces with the people that need it the most aren't going to opt-in.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:31 pm

A minority made healthcare in the 1st place. Opt-in will become defacto just as you can opt out of healthcare.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Feb 29, 2024 8:35 pm

A federal plan to plug the gaps sounds reasonable. I think there are patients in every province struggling with drug bills?

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 11:11 am

Can't believe the number of ppl ranting about how this is awful. Soshulists! Anything the govt does that benefits its citizens is BAD.
Pay down the deficit, buy an aircraft carrier and give another tax break to the wealthy instead.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2024 1:50 pm

Empty cans make the most noise and social media is lousy with bad faith bots that are there to take the extreme position on any debate simply to stir up engagement. That's before you factor in foreign agitators with there own agendas to destabilize. From there it isn't hard to get the local rabble rousers for are low information, emotional and reactionary that are on the very lowest rung of society that want to lash out at any authority.

Rinse, repeat.