Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:26 am

xerxes xerxes:
DrCaleb DrCaleb:

Good man. Hopefully the rest of the F1 drivers follow suit. Mazespin can crash on an empty track.

Russian Grand Prix cancelled following invasion of Ukraine

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:28 am

Final moments of Ukrainian border guards’ fierce stand against Russians become rallying cry

$1:
“I suggest you surrender your weapons and capitulate. Otherwise, I will open fire,” a male voice says, in audio posted to the Internet that has now been viewed millions of times. “Do you copy?”

“This is it,” one Ukrainian border guard says. “Should I tell him to go fuck himself?”

“Just in case,” another man says.

The first man then responds to the warship, by loudspeaker: “Russian warship, go fuck yourself.”

Moments later, the Russian forces attacked, killing 13 men.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:41 am

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:31 am

This particular asshole had a lot to say about Canada's Emergency Act a few days ago. He's for some reason ( :roll: ) being quite quiet though about what's happened to Ukraine at the hands of his very generous and peace-loving benefactors & hosts.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/with_replies

An active Assange twitter account would be quite illuminating right now as well. I imagine his acrobatic contortions to fully exonerate Putin and place every single bit of the blame onto the US would obliterate the gymnastics Trump defenders love to do for the former POSPOTUS. It's times like these when the "heroes" of the libertarian tech world most often make their true colours known. Is there even a single one of these computer geniuses on this entire planet who doesn't qualify to their very core as a genuine goddamn son of a bitch? :evil:

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 8:54 am

Thanos Thanos:
This particular asshole had a lot to say about Canada's Emergency Act a few days ago. He's for some reason ( :roll: ) being quite quiet though about what's happened to Ukraine at the hands of his very generous and peace-loving benefactors & hosts.

Yea, because the last guy that spoke up against Putin was arrested and jailed because he was in hospital after being poisoned.

Pussy.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:00 am

Being a royal hostage trotted out for May Day appearances must be one shitty way to live. Burgess, Philby, Snowden, et al, we are forever in their debt. :x

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:04 am

Thanos Thanos:
Being a royal hostage trotted out for May Day appearances must be one shitty way to live. Burgess, Philby, Snowden, et al, we are forever in their debt. :x

You continue to assume Snowden has a choice in the matter, like Philby did.

Edward Snowden says he would like to return to the US if he is guaranteed a fair trial

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:19 am

Yeah, good for him.

I'm not getting into this one again. All I'll add right now is that I'd like to pin down the likes of Assange, Snowden, Poitras, Greenwald, Taibbi, etc, and just ask them one question, not that an honest answer would ever be received. And that question would be is why being the modern-day Walter Duranty is so compelling to these reporters, film-makers, and other types. Like, what's the payout to them, both personally & professionally, in putting the lipstick on whatever regime is in charge in Russia at any given time? What's the benefit of constantly putting out the viral idea that one of the most consistently ugly & outright brutal nation-states on the planet is the paragon of virtue and innocence?

Just asking. Seems to be a constantly recurring tune running among those who consistently proclaim that "the truth and only the truth" is their interest in all of this.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:34 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
Final moments of Ukrainian border guards’ fierce stand against Russians become rallying cry

$1:
“I suggest you surrender your weapons and capitulate. Otherwise, I will open fire,” a male voice says, in audio posted to the Internet that has now been viewed millions of times. “Do you copy?”

“This is it,” one Ukrainian border guard says. “Should I tell him to go fuck himself?”

“Just in case,” another man says.

The first man then responds to the warship, by loudspeaker: “Russian warship, go fuck yourself.”

Moments later, the Russian forces attacked, killing 13 men.

This reminds me of this classic:
0:
Last great act of defiance.gif

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:12 am

Thanos Thanos:
Like, what's the payout to them, both personally & professionally, in putting the lipstick on whatever regime is in charge in Russia at any given time? What's the benefit of constantly putting out the viral idea that one of the most consistently ugly & outright brutal nation-states on the planet is the paragon of virtue and innocence?

Not getting into it either, but none of the people you've named have done that. Assange may be on shaky ground, but I've never read him cheerleading for Putin.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:25 am

“Duty is the most sublime word in the English language.”

Attachments:
CBFAB5FF-CC4D-444B-98FF-18BF018CA333.jpeg
CBFAB5FF-CC4D-444B-98FF-18BF018CA333.jpeg [ 257.47 KiB | Viewed 47 times ]
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:26 am

DrCaleb DrCaleb:
xerxes xerxes:
Scape Scape:

And rightly so. This is not the time for half measures. Sad to see it’s the Germans that are wavering.

No, removing them from Swift would be a mistake. In the short term, there would be chaos. But Russia still has to do international banking. If they can't use the US system, they will make a new system, and then the USs' monopoly is broken, forever.

Why the West is reluctant to deny Russian banks access to SWIFT

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:27 am

Taibbi & Greenwald especially have outdone even the Trumpers in saying that there was no Russian involvement in the Trump campaign and admin, even though the thick smoke revealed in the Mueller report could only come from a bonfire of active connections between Trump's orcs and Putin's gangster government. It's not some sort of coincidence that Trump Tower got filled up with Russian ex-pats from the 1990's through to today. This isn't "pee tape" stuff either, these are credible allegations that Trump's been involved with Russians for a very long time, mostly because they gave him money as American banks would no longer do business with him. His payback to them wasn't just in the form of money-laundering. It was getting rid of as many US sanctions as possible against Russia that had been put in place due to what Putin had done in Crimea in 2014.

Look at Trump's glowing comments about Putin yesterday when the attacks on Ukraine started. That's coming from a man who is obviously an active Putin ally, not just some whackjob running off at the mouth for the amusement of his followers. Same too with the split in the GQP, where all the right-wing hardcases are praising Putin and Russia to the high heavens, just because they know their new constituency of Proud Boys, QAnons, convoy truckers, Sons Of Odin, and other assorted pieces of right-wing shit demand it of them. In all of this the likes of Greenwald, Taibbi, etc are consistently pro-Russian, even when the evidence of Russian bombs falling and MAGA-land cheering Putin on happens right in front of them simultaneously.

"That's just Trump being a big-mouth asshole as usual. It means nothing" is what you get out of this media mob, a group that sounds more and more and more like they too are involved as Russian intelligence and less and less like a mere pseudo-intelligentsia. It's Walter fucking Duranty all over again.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:22 am

There's not a lot of good here. The situation on the ground is heartbreaking. Watching videos this morning as guns are distributed to citizens off the back of a truck. Watched a video of a man saying goodbye to his wife and children, who are fleeing Kyiv.

But war has a way of clarifying and focusing the mind. Many of these people who called Trudeau a dictator are the same one's who love Putin. Some, like Trump, Russia Carlson and our own Theo Fleury, have gleefully jumped on board with Putin--you know, an actual dictator.

The Ukraine invasion has just started. Soon, gangs of Russia Special Forces with their list of names will be hunting in Kyiv. Things will get much bloodier and it is my hope that the scales will fall from the eyes of many as they see these whiners comparing Trudeau to Hitler are backing an autocrat invading a free country.

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6416 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 21  22  23  24  25  26  27 ... 428  Next