canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Good analysis. As per usual this is over oil. This time it's the Russian/German pipeline Nordstream 2.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:27 pm

Scape Scape:
Have Russia join NATO and have the Chinese occupy Ukraine. I think that will piss everyone off right?

If Russia was a normal post-communist country that respected its neighbours, joining NATO would be a prudent long-term goal given the lean and hungry looks China is giving Siberia.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:01 am

Ha! Love your sunny disposition. My money is on they bungle their way into war, lose badly, and then invent time travel to undo the past and remake the present.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:07 am

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:56 pm

Let's hope our NATO mission doesn't end up like HMS Repulse.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:02 pm

Scape Scape:

What NATO mission would that be?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:32 pm

Correction, I was referring to this:

Montreal is inbound.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:53 pm

CIA trained troops that have been there since Obama, expanded under Trump and still supported by Biden. What could possibly go wrong? It's the bay of pigs all over again.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:36 pm

Scape Scape:

An attack on HMCS Montreal (or its sinking) would lead to a full on conflict between NATO and Russia, and Russia has no chance of winning that conflict. They might roll over the Baltic countries, but Poland, Germany and most of Eastern Europe wouldn't roll over so easily.

Yes, European armed forces are a shadow of what they were 30 years ago, but the Russian Armed Forces are even worse off, and NATO countries would have a huge technological edge (as well as an edge in training and combat experience).

I doubt Russia is going to directly attack any NATO forces, but I could see our trainers 'accidently' caught in the crossfire.

That would be much harder to respond to than the outright sinking of any NATO ship because I doubt any NATO country will go to war over that.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:08 pm

Mistakes happen. Like the saying goes, "No Plan Survives First Contact With the Enemy". Those CIA trained troops are the true casus belli for Russian aggression. NATO membership is a sideshow.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:22 pm

Joe Biden's gaffe may have inadvertently revealed the truth about his Ukraine policy
$1:
The President appeared to suggest that a 'minor incursion' by Russia wouldn't result in harsh sanctions It was 28 minutes into Joe Biden's press conference when the gaffe came - and it was a jaw-dropper. Especially if you were watching in Kyiv or the Kremlin.

The US President appeared to say that, if Vladimir Putin were to make only a "minor incursion" into Ukraine, then Russia would not face devastating sanctions

Like I said... mistakes happen.

Forum Super Elite
Forum Super Elite
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:54 pm

Biden’s gaffe revealed nothing that Putin doesn’t know already. The mood in America is strongly against foreign entanglements of any sort but I wouldn’t say ordinary Russians are too keen on the idea either. A prolonged war against fellow Slavs requiring a significant number of body bags could turn up the heat on the boss from the Trumpy end of the political spectrum over there.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Too many moving parts to really rely on that thou. The Russian 'Trumpians' are just as brainwashed of a deathcults as the US ones are. The best way to go about this is to go after Putin's money directly by targeting the sanctions on the billionaires who hold all his money. You cut them off, you cut off him and that would evoke a response.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:46 pm

VPrystaiko on NATO support to combat Russia.

$1:
"We're almost on our own. We understand that not many nations will agree to send their soldiers. Ukrainian mothers won't be happy to send their kids to die as well. But, if we have to fight we will." Ukraine's Ambassador to the UK

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6416 posts ]  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 ... 428  Next