bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:02 pm

Weapons of Ukrainian victory: ATGM Stugna-P – russian tanks are in trouble

This platform is dominating the battlespace, between this and the Turkish/Canadian TB2 they are racking up the kills on the cheap. The hallmark of both of these platforms is they can both be fired remotely and they are easy to use.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:21 pm

Thanos Thanos:
Hopefully there's some brave Ukrainian journalists, or even just regular citizens, doing something that should break the hearts of every parent in Russia. Go out and take videos & pictures of the bodies the invaders are leaving behind as they retreat and put them online under the simple title of "The Dead of Russia". I can't think of anything more devastating to the Russian populace, and unfortunately it's something that is needed to set in motion the internal mechanism that would lead to Putin's downfall.

It’s not a new thing on Russia's part though.

I remember from the war with Chechnya, reading about Russian soldiers lamenting how they left their fallen comrades on the battlefield whereas in Afghanistan they went back for them.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:40 pm

rickc rickc:
I seen a story today that was talking about the difference in the goals of the Ukraine and NATO. The Ukraine is interested in total victory. They want the Russians out 100%. NATO is more interested in stopping the fighting now through some kind of deal before NATO gets sucked into the fray. The vast majority of the European members of NATO have no stomach for any fight whatsoever, and no member wants this to go nuclear. I would not be surprised to see NATO force some kind of Munich Agreement on the Ukraine to put a stop to the fighting. NATO does not want to fight. Russia is looking for any way to save face and salvage something/anything. The Ukraine has been putting up such a great fight that it would totally suck for them to be forced into making concessions but I can see it happening.

"the" Ukraine is a Soviet-era term.

$1:
The use of "the Ukraine" is officially deprecated by the Ukrainian government and many English language media publications. Ukraine is the official full name of the country, as stated in its declaration of independence and its constitution; there is no official alternative long name.

Just thought I'd mention... if you google it there are many articles about it (mostly recent ones)

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Scape Scape:

Wow. That was crazy. It was weird to see traffic and people seemingly going about their business while tank after tank drove by.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:12 pm

No rush really, wait 5 minutes and they can catch the next tank.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Calgary Flames
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:31 pm

xerxes xerxes:
Thanos Thanos:
Hopefully there's some brave Ukrainian journalists, or even just regular citizens, doing something that should break the hearts of every parent in Russia. Go out and take videos & pictures of the bodies the invaders are leaving behind as they retreat and put them online under the simple title of "The Dead of Russia". I can't think of anything more devastating to the Russian populace, and unfortunately it's something that is needed to set in motion the internal mechanism that would lead to Putin's downfall.

It’s not a new thing on Russia's part though.

I remember from the war with Chechnya, reading about Russian soldiers lamenting how they left their fallen comrades on the battlefield whereas in Afghanistan they went back for them.

I think that as the Soviet Union, in that period of time, they were at the height of their military strength and they carried themselves with a certain pride & dignity just from being the spearhead of a superpower. This gave them an esprit de corps that the current Russian army is completely lacking. They're not fighting for the "rodina" (motherland) this time around, they're being thrown away like they're garbage by a government of disgusting gangsters. The Red Army of the past was highly trained for the most part and fought with effective combined-force tactics. These poor doomed bastards that Putin's sent into Ukraine though? They're coming across like they were press-ganged off the streets by the police and put into uniform under open threat of being shot by their own government if they resist.

I can't recall in my entire life seeing a military break down in war like this. Maybe the Iraqis but there was no way in hell they were going to hold up for long when the US unleashed their full military machine on them. With the Russians right now it's like the opening scene of Enemy At The Gates all over again, where the half of the conscripts got sent into Stalingrad completely unarmed and had to pick up rifles from those who had already been killed in front of them, and/or got gunned down by the filth in the NKVD political police if they tried to retreat.

Anyone can say what they want about the US and their various foreign policy debacles like Vietnam or Afghanistan. America's enemies, like the North Vietnamese and the Taliban, might have been victorious in the end but the US military was never outright embarrassed in the field the way the Russians in Ukraine have been over the last month. American failures always result from bad policy generated by ideologue stooges in the CIC's White House but their military personnel always do the best damn job they can, no matter how shitty the people in the civilian part of command structure too often turn out to be.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:50 am

Ukrainian Navy reports Alligator-class(project 1171 Tapir) landing ship BDK-69 Orsk was destroyed in Berdyansk port Russia only had four of them. You'd think something so critical they would have made more.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:39 am

Video

Video 2

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:42 am

Russia has already lost

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 6:51 am

rickc rickc:
The Ukraine has been putting up such a great fight

Not bad for a 'shithole', eh?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:38 am

Scape Scape:

A minor, not a great, environmental threat. The big environmental threat is probably the potential for ionizing radiation from Chernobyl or other nuclear facilities, and, of course, the damage artillery does to the environment.

What is the "normal" procedure for claiming one's dead in wartime?

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2022 9:47 am

Zipperfish Zipperfish:
What is the "normal" procedure for claiming one's dead in wartime?

From what I recall, the International Red Cross is the intermediary, and they return the bodies or are given dog tags of the dead.

https://www.icrc.org/en/document/ihl-ru ... onventions

Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 6414 posts ]  Previous  1 ... 99  100  101  102  103  104  105 ... 428  Next