canadian forums
bottom

Canadian Forums

Author Topic Options
CKA Uber
CKA Uber
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:03 am

Title: Scan your receipt to exit' Loblaw facing backlash as it tests receipt scanners at self-checkout
Category: Business
Posted By: DrCaleb
Date: 2024-03-13 06:45:11
Canadian

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:03 am

That would be my last visit to a LeBlaBlas store. If you don't want people stealing from self checkouts, put cashiers back on the job. Locking me in your store is not the answer.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
 Vancouver Canucks
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:23 pm

When they are the only game in town they can do what they want. For many low income, they are.

CKA Moderator
CKA Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:05 pm

They aren't the only game everywhere. True, there are likely food deserts, but Safeway and Save-On are also in every city and many small towns.

I'm in Edmonton, and I get most of my groceries from a small independent store that obviously was an IGA or similar store in the 70's. Although, that store gets all it's products from Loblaws. That's because Loblaws has cornered the distribution market. Safeway/Save-on have their own distributors, but the lady running the store says it's hard to get deliveries from one distributor if you get deliveries from the other.

CKA Uber
CKA Uber

GROUP_AVATAR
PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:36 am

That's yet another reason NOT to shop at Stupidstore.

Loblaws is trying to out-a$$hole Wal-mart when it comes to being complete jerks, and at this point, I'd almost like to see Wal-mart destroy the Weston empire once and for all.